Powerful Words

Today I met a friend for lunch and I don't think a one hour conversation could have gotten any deeper than the conversation we had. She may not even realize it ,but she said some things during that lunch that stopped me right in my tracks and I haven't stopped thinking about them since.


One of the biggest things she said is that she feels like know one even realizes how much she is hurting. What got me on this comment is that I felt that exact way after losing the baby. I was so hurt and so angry at so many of my friends who I felt just sat back and didn't push to help when I was hurting so bad. What I realized today is that they honestly had no idea because I refused to let them in. What I realized with my friend telling me of the struggles she is going through is that we have completely switched places. She is hurting and I am not pushing to help her because I had no idea how bad she was hurting. I guess I am saying all of this today to say-take a minute today to think about all of the friends in your life. Push to let them know you love them know matter what the excuse is. In my opinion relationships are the greatest gift God has given us on this earth.


This friend has been with me from day one with Ashlynn. In fact she was a very close friend before Ahlynn was even thought of. Anyways the point is she has know the struggles I have faced with Ashlynn's dysfunctional voiding from the very beginning. Recently she told me that God was telling her about a book she need to buy me. First of all that meant so much to me. I know so many times I allow myself to be so busy that I don't listen to God and the things he is trying to tell me. So I find it so special that he shared my needs with someone that could actually get through to me. I am telling you what I have only read the introduction and the day one devotional and am already convinced that everyone that is dealing with any type of struggles needs this book. I have actually heard of it (Sarah, haven't you talked about it on your blog?) but never thought two things about it. It is Rain on Me by Holley Gerth. Needless to say i am so excited to go through this devotional for the next 39 days!

Comments

Popular Posts