Walk to Defeat ALS

Today Marshal, Ashlynn, and I walked in the Walk to Defeat ALS at the Arvest ball park. Marshal's former boss has ALS and we participated to honor him. Travis is one of those people who you just can't help but look up to. Marshal and I have a great respect for him and were so honored to be able to give back to him and his family in this small way. I have to hand it to all of the sponsors of this event. We had a great time. They had so many kid friendly events and such a fun family atmosphere we all truly enjoyed ourselves. Ashlynn was so cute! She made many new friends and fans! Me being pregnant and all I told Marshal I was going to try the 1.5 mile walk, but was planning to take it fairly slow. Well, Ashlynn had completely different ideas about the "walk". About a 1/4 mile into the walk she decides she wants to run so she can win the race. So me being the fabulous mom that I am tell Marshal sure let her go for it;thinking that she won't go very far and probably will tire out of running quickly. So after she gets at least 1/2 a mile in front of us and I can no longer see her Marshal goes running after her having to cut through the parking lot to catch up with her. She was very upset with him because he had slowed her down and "now she wasn't going to win"! I ended up waddling my happy self as fast as I could to catch up with them so I am sure we were a funny sight for everyone. Marshal and Ashlynn were among the first few people to cross the finish line so Ashlynn was pleased with herself.

On a completely random note I can't believe I am about to do this, but I am posting a preggo picture of me from today so that all my out of towners can see me in all my pregnancy glory! You know there are some people that are such cute pregnant people and they go get maternity pictures of themselves so they can remember these moments forever. Well that is so not for me. I don't feel the slightest bit "cute". Honestly I feel like a elephant and feel like instead of walking everywhere I should just lay on the ground and let someone roll me! Anyway here it is. Laugh and enjoy because if I have anything to do with it this will be the only preggo picture there is.

Comments

  1. Cut yourself some slack...you look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for preggo pictures!!! Praying that one day I will have some to share!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your post! You look beautiful and I laughed out loud about laying on the ground..you are so funny! Thank you so much for posting your pick I have been wanting to see a new pic of you!! I love you lady..you are one of my fav people (but you already know that)! I am so proud of Ashlynn and her running abilities. I am promising you right now I will post something this week! ;) Miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! You are SO adorable!!! Thanks for posting that picture! Wish I was closer to enjoy this time in your life!! I miss ya' girl! You are an amazing person and mom! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts