Demonstrating God's Love

Two Sundays ago my Sunday School class decided to challenge each other to find ways that we could demonstrate God's love to others in random acts. Ok, I'll be honest in case anyone from Sunday school is reading this...I decided to make everyone challenge each other. I was nice about it and gave it as a mere suggestion, but I am pretty sure everyone in my Sunday school class thinks I am a crazy girl that can't sit quietly for more than five minutes. Oh well I love them any ways and they at least put up with me!

I really hesitate to put this on here because I am not the type of person that wants or needs recognition for things. I also have found it to be a really neat feeling to have done them without any one else knowing about them. However, I decided that I would share with you the few random things that I have done in hopes that it might inspire someone else to do something to demonstrate God's love.

First, last week I put something in another teachers box just to make her smile. I am not going to go into a lot of details about this one because I really don't want anyone at school to figure out what and who. I will tell you that I made a point to pick someone that I rarely talk to and really honestly don't know that well. I do know enough about her to know that she probably really benifited from a little unexpected "happy".

Next, Marshal and I were out of town this past weekend. When we went out to eat we picked another couple and asked their waitress to bring us their ticket and give them a note that we wrote instead. The note said..."We hope you have a great day. We hope you will accept our kindness and share it with someone else in some small way". After the couple had left the waitress came over and told us how truly excited they were about our gesture and how they said they were definitly going to "pass it on". What I thought was so cool about it was how many people it affected. I expected it to affect the people we choose, but I didn't expect their waitress to be so excited about it. I could hear her telling the other restraunt staff about it and they all just thought it was so neat. Hopefully they will all decide on a small way they can make someones day!

I have two more things that will have to wait unitl my bed rest is over to do.....so I will let you know how those go later. I am also always looking for new ideas. If you decide to do something to share God's love with others let me know. I would love to hear your ideas!

Comments

  1. Love it! We have done the same thing and love the reaction it gets! You guys always make me smile!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts