Sweet vs Not so Sweet

My husband is the perfect mix between sweet and not so sweet. I guess I should be thankful for the sweet times, but oh those not so sweet seem to really stick out! Then again if he was sweet all the time it would probably get on my nerves, honestly.

So yesterday he brought the mobile command post (a traveling emergency operation center...in even simpler terms a mobile 911 center) to school to show my kids. We have been studying community helpers this week and I thought it would be a fun Friday afternoon activity to have a community helper come and share. Well long story short the kids loved it, especially the fact that it had a bathroom in it. So the sweet part was that along with his mobile command post he also brought me orange rolls from Crumpet! YUM!!! All of this seems pretty sweet, right? Well for the not so sweet part...he brought me four orange rolls (man I hope the girls from school are not reading this I would be in so much trouble for not sharing!). I get home with the left overs (no I didn't eat them all at school even though the thought did cross my mind). I have my hands completely full and Marshal doesn't bother to come out and help me unload the car, because he is waaaaaayyyy to busy watching television. Yep you guessed it I drop the box with the orange rolls in it and the two left over rolls promptly go rolling across the grass! Well, I was so upset and of course very angry with him.
To make up for this he decides this morning to take me to my favorite bakery in the world for breakfast/lunch (sorry Juli). When we go to Rick's on Saturday morning we always get there right around 11:00 so we can have donuts for breakfast and finish that off with sandwiches for lunch. They have the absolute best food ever especially now that they serve a free dessert with every lunch order! And don't even think for a minute that that free dessert keeps me from getting a dessert to take home with me before we leave. So sweeet made my day!
Now,I wish I could leave this post with a sweet husband , but no. Today at Walmart I was buying some face lotion and I was trying to find something cheaper than the $14 lotion I always buy. That's when I get the comment "What's $14 when you are trying to take care of your face for a lifetime, you might need that $14 lotion after having two kids"......Thanks Marshal you and your comments are oh so sweet!!!

Comments

  1. Oh shoot I LOVE it! Looks like Marshall has foot in the mouth syndrome like Brad!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts