Can't Believe I did that

So any one that knows me is going to be completely shocked by what I did yesterday. I still can't actually believe it myself.

Yesterday Marshal and I were out and about finishing our Christmas shopping for Ashlynn. We were getting hungry, but needed to eat something quick because our time was running out and I still had yet to find the Barbie Three Musketeer movie that Ashlynn had to have. We decided to run into Wendy's in front of the Roger's Walmart. Well I am not sure if you have ever been there on a Saturday, but there are some real interesting people in there let me tell you.

So Marshal and Jaxton find a seat while I finish getting the food. Just about the time I sit down Jaxton started to get a little fussy and I was feeling like a bad mom, because he had been in his car seat all day, so I decided to take him out and hold him while I ate. Big mistake. The lady behind me starts just having a fit. "Oh he is sooooo cute! Oh my I just have to hold him. My grand baby is two years old and I haven't held a baby in two years. I just have to. Please. I mean can I please." In my mind I am screaming heck no you can't hold my baby you crazy woman!

Let me just say, with Ashlynn I told anyone that came within 10 feet of her "Don't touch the baby". I seriously considered creating a sign to hang from her car seat that said "Please keep your hands off". I am not even joking.

Well, Marshal had gone to refill his drink and I honestly didn't know what to do or say so I whipped out my germx and squirted her hands and let her hold him. I know! I thought I was going to yank him out of her hands the second I let go. The whole time (which was probably a total of three minutes) I was completely freaking out! I kept thinking about what kind of germs she had on her, what if she all the sudden stood up and tried to run away with him, what if she dropped him, what if I don't even know what if.

Anyway, she handed him back and we all was just fine plus I think that I made her day. But beware other crazy ladies that are thinking about asking to hold my baby because I am pretty sure I will not be that nice again!

Aren't second babies fun! I don't know whether to feel sorry for the first child for being so overly protective or sorry for the second child for being so relaxed.... Mother hood I guess you can probably never "get it right"!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts