The Love Roller Coaster

Having been with Marshal the last 15 years I can definitely say our love has been a lot like a roller coaster. Some times I look at him and can not believe how lucky I am to have such a great husband and then other times I look at him and think I could literally strangle him with my bare hands. Big difference there I know! The thing is I love him even though sometimes I just plan don't like him.

Any way I am not even going to try and turn this into a mushy gushy love story about Marshal and I. What I am wondering is, if there is a love roller coaster in life? I mean you know when you are in high school and college it is all about impressing the other person. So you start out slowly and then gradually start climbing up that hill getting to know the person better and better. Then you get married and you are at an all time "in love" high. Next real life hits-jobs, bills, stress, etc. and down you go. One day you decide you want to start a family and there is just something about that that makes you love your spouse in a whole new level, up..up..up. That is until the demands of being a parent take over and you find yourself so busy some days that you barely get a chance to talk.

Now this next part I can not speak personally for, but from observation my belief is that a love high hits once again. Your babies grow up and you find yourself living with an empty nest-just the two of you. However, it doesn't seem like it is all roses from there on out, because then the stress of retirement as well as aging and health concerns all come in to play.

But tonight when I was with my family spending a romantic evening filled with roses, music,white lines and candlelight (not to mention stuffed cow babies, balloons, and a play zone filled with children) at Chick-fil-a, I saw the couple that was on the roller coaster high that I can only dream of being at someday. If I had to guess they were probably in their mid seventies and they were such a cute sweet couple. They seemed as if they had spent their life time together. He held her and gently walked her to the bathroom, waited for her, and helped her put her coat on. He even stopped by the counter to get her a chocolate kiss before they left. They were in love.

It remind me that love is not about diamonds and expensive purses. It is about taking care of each other and going through life's changes as one.

I believe love is a roller coaster. I believe that without the downs the ups would not be as fun. I believe although sometimes it is a struggle, all you have to do is stay in the same seat and enjoy the ride together.

And yes I just published a post without a pic of the kids...sorry to all of you that only read my blog to see the babies..next time I promise! :)

Comments

Popular Posts