Mommy Questions

There is just something about a new baby. Something that makes people stop and stare when you walk in a room. Something that makes strangers feel the need to talk to you; Something that just seems to make everyone nicer and more pleasant to be around.

Now I love babies just as much as the next person. I also love all of the positive attention. In fact if I ruled the world (we would all be in trouble) I would invoke a rule that you have to perform one random act of kindness every day. I love nice people! Probably because I am the crazy girl that really likes to smile at random people just because. And if you’re not careful I will even talk to you in line at Target or while you pump your gas. (ok completely of subject-sorry)
There is also something about a baby that makes people seem to lose their common sense.
What I mean is, when else would go up to someone in Walmart and start poking your hand in their basket? And the questions. ..Have you ever really thought about what you’re asking? The question really make me laugh.

For example:

#1 Is he a sweet baby?
What do you expect me to say? “Well no he has been arrested twice for drugs; broke out of jail stole a car and well we haven’t seen him since.
Of course he is a sweet baby he is MY baby. Would I ever answer any differently? I think he is the sweetest baby ever (besides Ashlynn of course)!
#2 Are you going to have another one?


Let me think about this one for a minute. I figured out how he got in there and right now I remember very clearly how he got out. The answer to that one would be NO! But seriously why are you asking me that now? Can you not give a girl a little a break? There is more to a woman’s life then birthing out babies…shocking I know!

#3 How do you like having two?
“I hate it. Actually we are seriously considering sending this one back. Worst choice I ever made.”
Again, I know people are just trying to make small talk, but of course it is fabulous and they are my babies and I love them both dearly. Besides all that, what would I do about it now-kind of a little late to change my mind now.

And my favorite one….

#4 May I see him?
Well the answer to that would be “you’re looking right at him” I am assuming you don’t have any kind of eye impartment that is preventing you from seeing him. If you do I am not sure what I can do to help you with that.
Now if you mean will I take off all his blankets (in the middle of the coldest winter ever) and let you touch him or heaven forbid hold him you have got to be out of your mind. I don’t even know you, I know my baby is cute but what are you thinking. Do you know how many germs are probably on your hands at this very moment? Do you really think I want you sticking your dirty hands on my sweet little boy because I can assure you I don’t! (and for those of you that read my blog regularly I know you are recalling the Wendy’s encounter, but that woman just caught me in a weak moment because I can assure you that has happened since. )
I love being a new mommy!

Comments

  1. Wait..wait..I hope this still means I get to take both your babies to WM someday right?!?! You know: sticky, no shoes, dirty, diaper only, coke in the bottle, and a sucker in hand, dirt all over..I think you said you would go along with me!!! HA! Ok you really you have the cutest kids ever!!! Oh and I can't believe your baby has been arrested twice and can I see him? HA HA!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts