Way to go Dad

Last night Marshal and I attended the Rogers-Lowell Chamber of Commerce annual banquet. As you all know by now Marshal is now working for the City of Rogers as their Emergency Management Director. Marshal so nicely reminded me his job is not just about taking care of ice storms and tornado's it is also about building community connections. So we went and hob nobed with the best of them.

Any way some of you know (Melissa) that I stressed sooooo bad about what to wear. This whole post baby weight thing is seriously bothering me (p.s. I am not looking for the "oh you look great" comments because hello people I have at least three mirrors in my bedroom that I can plainly see how I look everyday all day long).

Long story short I am sometimes jealous of men and their very simple fashion. I mean don't get me wrong, I love shopping and I love buying cute tops and adorable little dresses and for sure think I need at least seven different pairs of black shoes alone. However, this past two weeks when trying to squeeze into every outfit I own (unsuccessfully might I add) and trying to shop EVERYWHERE I could think of (with two kids) just to fine one simple little outfit for this event I wished all I had to do was run into Dillard's and buy a new tie!


Oh well I did end up finding a dress and having a great time at the banquet. And here it is...

The most exciting part of the evening was my dad received the Volunteer of the Year Award! WAY TO GO DAD! Now for any of you that have met my dad you know that he greatly deserved this award, as he is a very giving man, however he does not like having attention put on him and I am quite sure the whole experience embarrassed him. Oh well I am very proud of him!
And just because I believe no post is ever complete without a picture of my kids.....

Comments

  1. Cute outfit! I can't seem to find clothes that fit the girls without making me look like a lardo! I think I will wear my sweats for Valentines Day! Ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the dress..so cute!!! I think you look great - Yes I do! Congrats to your daddy! I know you are proud! I also love the pic of the kiddos they are so cute! I love the way A is looking at J! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts