All the Possiblites

I am so frustrated with myself.

This past Sunday the sermon was about hearing God calling. Honestly, I listened to the sermon and left feeling great. I had really been struggling with a situation and I just felt great clarity over it. God was truly calling me to reach out to this person. After I left church I contacted her and was met with a very difficult conversation. But that was ok. If God ask you to do something chances are it will be difficult, it might hurt, and it will take you out of your comfort zone. I kept playing those words from the sermon over and over in my head.

By Sunday afternoon I felt ok about the situation, but still am not sure where this is leading or what God wants me to do. The only thing I do know is God’s wishes and my wishes are completely opposite where this person is concerned.

All of that said, I will listen and I will obey.

Now just three days later I am struggling to remember to let God lead.

As you know this past year and a half has been the most challenging time in my life. Most days all I had to hang on to was faith. Faith that God would lead me down the right path. His path. I would like to tell you that is where my story ends, but unfortunately it is not.

“But….But….But…God how can I be sure I am following your path?”

I will be honest I feel like I start out on the right path, however somewhere down the road I find out I took a detour. Is that part of the plan or did I get so involved in my selfishness that I didn’t listen to his guiding directions?

Right now I am really struggling with that. Many new possibilities have surfaced for my family. They seem exciting and scary all at the same time. I need help. I need to be reminded to follow God’s path. I am not sure where it will lead, but I do know that I want him to be my tour guide.

Comments

Popular Posts