The Sacrament of Baptism

Today was a very special day for our family. Jaxton Landder was baptised. Marshal, Ashlynn, and I vowed to raise Jaxton in a home that will glorify the Lord. We promised to surround him with christian love and support. We promised to be good role models as we help him learn and grow to be a true disciple of ChristToday was a special day. I am not saying that Ashlynn's baptism was not special because it was. I value it as much as I do Jaxton's. However, today was a special day to me in a different way. Please do not mis-understand Ashlynn is my precious baby girl and I love her deeply. Ashlynn was simply born at a time in my life when everything was "perfect". A time in my life when I had not yet experienced the type of pain I later learned existed. I took Ashlynn and my healthy pregnancy for granted.
For this child I have prayed. I have prayed from the bottom of my core. Today was a special day. Today I thanked God for Jaxton and I vowed to hand him over and let God lead his life. I thank God for allowing me to be his mother. I don't know why God chose me because I am not deserving, but I am so very thankful and feel so incredibly blessed.
I also want to throw in a quick thank you to my family, my Sunday School class,and my special friends that were with us in spirit (thanks for the sweet text). I cannot tell you how much it meant to me to see your faces in the crowd and know that you prayed with me. Having you there to share in this moment with us meant so much to me.

Comments

Popular Posts