Saving the world one Diaper at a Time

It is true...I am saving the world one diaper at a time. About a month ago I started researching cloth diapers. As Marshal would tell you-I am a little bit of a tree huger. Seriously, I was completely appalled by the amount of trash we were creating with a new little one in the house. We are big recyclers at my house so a typical week we would have two recycle containers full and one bag of trash. With the diapers we were having two recycle containers and four bags of trash. Ridiculous! I looked an looked and studied and studied and finally decided I wanted to give cloth a try. Now let me tell you the cloth diaper industry has vastly changed since I was a baby. In fact I think my mom thinks I am cheating. Cloth diapers these days are so NICE. Nothing like the fold and pin type they used back in the day.
I decided on the FLIP system because of it's sturdy snap system that allows you to use the them up to 35 pounds. They arrived in the mail about a week ago and I began using them right away. I LOVE them. They are easy to use, easy to change, and easy to clean. I wish I would have done this with Ashlynn. I feel like it is so much better for the environment and so much better for Mr. Jaxton. I discovered early on with Ashlynn that warm wash clothes clean up a dirty bottom so much better than wipes. So now between the wash clothes an the cloth diapers I don't even need a trash can in Jaxton's room and I could not be more proud!

P.S. I am well aware that some of you out there are thinking I am a nut job right about now. This all started two years ago a very dear friend and co-worker pointed out how much waste we were creating. Since then I have made several small changes in our daily lives to be more environmentally friendly. I use refillable juice bottles instead of buying juice boxes, I use cloth napkins, reusable bags, pay bills online and as I mentioned earlier we recycle.

P.S.S. Yes Melissa I am well aware this cloth diaper thing completely ruined your taking the baby with nothing but a diaper on and dirt all over his face to Walmart experiment...sorry-I might could make an exception just once just for you-HA HA HA!!!!

Comments

  1. Man I am so sad..however I think we can make a cloth diaper work! Lots of sticky candy and dirt will fix things right up! HA! Oh and I guess you can tell no blog post yet...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts