When Did that Happen?

Lately several events have occurred that have just made me realize that I am getting old! It is no secret that this September I will be turning thirty! Yikes! I know that some people hit thirty and don’t even blink, but for me well, I am just soaking up these last few months of my twenties.

Last week I was at the grocery store. It was a Saturday night and I was super excited to be roaming through Wal-Mart by myself (you know enjoying those alone moments anytime and anywhere I can). I finally had roamed for as long as I could and I went to check out. There were only three registers open, but as luck would have it a fourth register was opening up right as I was pulling my cart up to the front. And if that was lucky enough the cashier happened to be a really cute guy! So I am unloading my groceries and I hand the hottie my reusable bags. Use to I would have taken this as a perfect opportunity to boost my ego because the cute check-out dude would start flirty with me and I of course would carry on a little harmless flirty back.


Well that is soooo not what happened this time. The cute check out guy had absolutely no desire to flirt with me what- so- ever. In fact quite the opposite; he begins to make fun of me! He laughed at my reusable bags and he went on and on and on about how many groceries I had. “Huh huh you must have ten kids at home with all these groceries”.


Umm I mean sure I used to would never dream of leaving the house in yoga pants and a t-shirt. And sure I used to always have make-up on no matter where I was going. And ok fine, my hair was never pulled back in a pony tail, but come on people it was 9:30 on a Saturday night! Ok I guess that should have been my first clue…grocery shopping on a Saturday night for fun…um not very glamorous!


I just don’t know when this happened. When did I go from being the cute girl that got free dinners just because some guy was trying to impress me- to the old woman that gets made fun of at the grocery store. What happened? I catch myself saying things like “is that boy even old enough to drive?” “good grief if that girls skirt was any shorter”.


Well, I guess thirty is on its way whether I like it or not. And I guess it happens to the best of us at some point or another!


However, I do have two adorable kids to show for my almost 30 years of life…

P.S. I know the last two post have talk about hot guys…sorry Marshal I love you and think you are a super hottie as well!

Comments

  1. We love post about hot guys! Ha ha
    Cute pictures!
    Hope to see you this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such great pictures! The last one is too cute! I want a copy of it. Send it to me by email

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts