Remembering my Blessings

I am so bad about remembering how blessed I am. I get so caught up in how things in life don't go just how I plan or just how I imagined them and forget that I should be thanking God for all of the many blessings I have.

For example, last week after getting home from vacation we were completely out of food and I had to go to the grocery store. I am kind of weird in the fact that I hate hate hate going places by myself. I have always made Marshal go to the grocery store with me. During the summer, since I am home, I do try and go to the store during the day instead of wasting the weekend.

Well this summer it is not only Ashlynn I have to take to the store, but Jaxton as well. This has thrown a major kink in our grocery shopping adventures. I mean with both kids in the cart where are you suppose to put your groceries?

Long story short I had to go-there was no waiting for the weekend. I talked to my friend Sharon and she gave me a great tip on how to make the two kid thing work. So off we went. I am telling you I was so nervous I literally almost backed out 15 times. All I could think was " I do not want to do this".

Any way, I did take both kids and everything went great. I got all of the groceries and had absolutely no problems. I was actually very proud of myself.

That was until a couple of days later.

We were driving home from church when I saw a lady walking down the sidewalk pulling a broken wagon and carrying two small children. The wagon had her groceries in it.

Talk about reality setting in. Here I was complaining about driving in my very nice very comfortable car with my great little shopping cart cover. Then there was this woman that had walked at least three miles to the store with her two young children and now was having to carry them and drag her groceries back home. It was hot. Children are heavy. You could see the struggle on her face.

I am blessed. You are blessed. I pray that I stop focusing on life's little inconveniences and start focusing on all of life's many blessings. I have nothing to complain about and everything to be grateful for.

Comments

  1. Such a great post! Life is good and we are unbelievably blessed...it's our sinful, selfish nature to focus on what we don't have rather than to focus on what we do have. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very true! Great post! I heart you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts