Oh my Five Year Old

Ashlynn is (for the most part) a very well behaved child. She is polite, sweet and a total rule follower that truly wants to please.

That is until she gets overly tried. Then oh my dear mercy you better watch out. When she is tried she turns into a complete and total mess. I cannot even explain to you the fits that little girl can throw. Screaming, stomping her feet, fist clinched, tears streaming down her face-FIT.

Well as you can imagine the start of kindergarten has been pretty exhausting. Today some of that exhaustion got the best of Ashlynn and that overly tried fit throwing started. First it was a little fit over not wanting to put her shoes on. Then she didn't want to eat her dinner. Then when we get to Walmart she throws a pretty good sized fit in the parking lot because she wanted to ride in the top of the cart and make Jaxton ride in his stroller. I told her no she had two choices...walk or ride in the bottom. Well her daddy went against what I said and got another chart and let her ride in the top of it while Jaxton was in the top of the other chart. This pretty much infuriated me. Not only had I just had enough of the fits, but for him to go against what I said and give into her fit...ugg I was steaming mad at both of them.

So I take off. If Marshal wants to put up with it fine, but I wasn't going to. Within five minutes Ashlynn and Marshal catch up to me in Walmart and Ashlynn says "Momma I am so sorry what can I do to make you feel better." I reply "Ashlynn I have had enough, what I want is for you to stop acting this way and for your Daddy to start listening to me. " She says "Daddy I told you momma wanted you to tell her sorry". So Marshal tells me he is sorry. I am still not feeling real forgiving so I continue on with my shopping. Ashlynn then tells Marshal that Momma is still mad and she thinks they need to sing me a song. She ask Marshal what song she should sing me. Marshal tells her to sing me Girls Just Want to Have Fun. So she does. I am not amused.

Ashlynn turns to Marshal and says "Daddy Mommy still has and angry face-do you just not know her at all?"

I had to laugh after that. And that is why I love my five year old!

Comments

  1. I am having this exact problem with Andrew. It's awful. When he finally settles down, he gives me a hug and says, 'Momma, I'm sorry I acted that way.' Ugh! This has become an everyday occurrence since school started. If you find a solution, please share!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts