I could lie to you but I won't


What do you do when your daughter is so much like you and it is truly not funny?


I could tell you that I am a sweet, lovable, flexible, woman that always is a delight to be around.


But why lie.


The truth is-I am a spicy, strong willed, lady that likes to get my way. I have a huge heart and I love very deeply, but boy howdy when that spice begins to flare, well there is just no stopping it.


I know some of you out there are just cracking up reading this because your are thinking "she isn't even telling the half of it".


Anyway...my precious beautiful daughter is just like me. I mean I have tried to model for her how to be sweet and loving. And believe me she is. It warms my heart to hear her pray for one of her friends, or listen to her lovingly talk to her stuffed animals. I just beam when she talks about taking care of the world's animals and recycling so we can keep our Earth happy. She takes time to make cards for her friends, just to let them know she is thinking of them. All great wonderful things she has learned from me.


Why oh why did she have to pick up the bad things too. Could she have not just stopped at the positive stuff?


Today Ashlynn was eating lunch in the cafeteria. The little boy beside her decided to start messing with her. He was saying ugly things to her, showing her his chewed up food, and just being kind of mean. Well I guess the last straw for Ashlynn was when he took her fork and threw it on the ground. Ashlynn proceeded to then push his entire tray off the table and onto the ground. Well you can see where this might cause a problem. The lunch duty teacher came over to see what was going on and Ashlynn just broke down into tears.


This is where it is hard to be a parent. I want my child to know that we don't take matters into our own hands, and just because we are hurt doesn't mean we should hurt back. And I would love to think that my sweet child would just sit nicely, raise her hand and tell the teacher. But no this is where her mommas spice kicked in. She showed him. And quite frankly I would have done the same thing (although don't tell Ashlynn this but I would have dumped the tray in his lap so he could wear the food a little while. Make him think about it so he would think twice before being mean to me again)!


Anyway, I did the right "teacher" thing to do. I made Ashlynn clean up the food on the floor and miss a few minutes of her recess. I know that won't make any of the spice go away, but maybe she will think about it before she lets it loose at school again.

Comments

  1. I love your take dump it in the lap! Its good for a girl to be feisty! Love the pics in the last post and hope everyone is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts