So what if I am bragging


I have to say, I really do think I have the best job in the world. As much as I love my own personal children, I love that I have a job. Not just any job, but a job that I love.

I am not going to pretend that I don’t have my moments. On any given day, you might hear me say “I am going to apply to be a Walmart greeter because I can’t do this anymore”. And yes I have been known to gripe and complain about my kid’s behavior, and don’t even get me started on their parents.

But all that aside… I go home every night knowing that I love my job. I love my job because I can see I am making a difference. I love my job because I get to use my heart. I love my job because I get a thousand hugs (and sometimes a wet slobbery kiss on the cheek) a day. I love my job because I get to see children’s eyes light up when they feel the excitement of accomplishment.

I think though as much as I love all of that my absolute favorite thing about my job is that every day is a surprise. You never know what is going to happen. It doesn’t matter what you have planned or what kind of mood you are in. Every day something happens or something is said that just takes you by surprise.

For example…I came to school on Friday morning. Honestly, I was in a pretty bad mood. I wasn’t feeling good and Marshal had kind of made me mad, bottom line I just didn’t want to be anywhere except my bed. Well I walked in and get my morning started and the bell rings; good mood or not here come the children. I was standing in my door way visiting with my neighbor teacher when one of my little boys came running in and was just so excited to talk to me. When I turned around to see what he needed he grabbed my hand and pulled me across the room to my desk. He told me to sit down in my chair. As soon as I did he started sing to me. I really don’t know what he was singing and I haven’t a clue why he was singing to me, but he was going to town singing his little heart out. It was all I could do to not burst into laughter (it’s not every day that I get serenaded at 7:30 a.m., ok so maybe I have never been serenaded….). It was so cute and so sweet. I quickly forgot how bad I was feeling and ended up having a great Friday.

Then today, I was completely worn out by this little boy. I had just gotten on to him and turned around and he was doing the very same behavior he had just gotten in trouble for. Geez, why can’t these five year olds just act sweet and perfect all day long? HA! Any way I was giving him and earful when another little boy walks over and says “Mrs. Watson, I really like it when you get mad because you are just so pretty”!!! Ha, Ha! I don’t know about all of that, but seriously who wouldn’t smile after that comment.

I will stop bragging now, but I truly do have the best job in the world and I absolutely LOVE it! I am so thankful to have the opportunity to be a part of these children’s lives every day.

Comments

  1. Being a teacher is great! I do miss teaching sometimes! I love being around those kiddos everyday! Maybe one day I will go back to teaching...but for now- I am enjoying every moment with Miss Ayla!

    Love you and Miss You!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts