Alone Time

I am in complete and total heaven right now. I ,being the wonderful mother that I am, took Jaxton to MDO this morning and Marshal wanted to take Ashlynn to work with him. This left me with sweet and precious alone time. I cannot even tell you how wonderful this is.

Alone time is one of those things that no one ever tells you about before you have kids. No one tells you that once you have kids alone time is a rare gift. In fact before I had kids, I actually hated to be alone. The summer Marshal and I got married I couldn't wait for him to get home from work. I was like a baby puppy. The second I heard his car pull up in the drive way I would run to the door, leap in his arms, and lick his face. Ok maybe I didn't go so far as to actually lick his face, but you get the point. I was just so excited to have him home so I wasn't alone anymore. It is a wonder he didn't divorce me within the first month. I can only imagine how much I must have gotten on his nerves.

I wish someone would have told me then to cherish that alone time. Although I probably wouldn't have listened.

Now, I have a job where there is absolutely no alone time all day and after that I have a family with me constantly. With Ashlynn in school I don't even have alone time in the car anymore. So as you can imagine I dream about days like today. A few short hours of nothing but me time. Don't get me wrong , I love love love my family. I love being a mom and I love my wonderful husband, but today I am loving being totally and completely alone.

Here is a list of some of the things I am enjoying about my alone time:

  • I ran errands this morning and didn't have to take 10 minutes to unload my kids and I didn't have to hold any ones hand.
  • I got to have an uninterrupted phone conversation.
  • I got to use the bathroom without anyone watching me. (sorry single girls, but it is true you never really get to go to the bathroom alone again once you have kids)
  • I wrote an entire blog post without having to stop seven times to get Barbie shoes out of Jaxton's mouth.
  • I got to run on the treadmill on my time schedule, not having to wait for nap or bedtime.
  • I sat on the couch and actually did nothing but watch t.v. of my choice without feeling like I had to be folding laundry or doing dishes.
  • I got to hear complete silence.

I am sure I could go on and on about the things I am enjoying about my day, but it won't last forever. Also, as good as I am at the bumble bee pick up thing 15 minutes before Marshal gets home, I really do have a lot to accomplish before the holiday travel starts.

I must say I am so thankful for my family. Without them today would just be another day and not the fabulous adventure that it has become.

Comments

Popular Posts