My Top 10 of 2010

In thinking back over the past year there were a lot of good memories created. I am going to list my top ten.

10. Starting School in August

I know you think-you start school every August. This August however was very different for me. This is the first time in my entire career that all I am is a teacher. Not a teacher getting her master's degree, a teacher completing her National Boards, or a teacher about to have a baby. Just a teacher and that is all and I have loved it. I have the sweetest group of kids and a fabulous intern.


9. Family Trip to Destin


This was the first beach trip for Jaxton. It was different being at the beach with a baby, but we had a great time and lots of special family moments to cherish. We also were very lucky to avoid the oil spill.


8. Ashlynn's 5th Birthday


First let me say I cannot believe my baby girl is 5! Time has flown by so fast. She went from being a baby to a little girl in what seems like a blink. Ashlynn did turn 5 in style though. She had an amazing princess party complete with make up, dress up, crafts and royal princess games. We hired a party planner that did absolutely everything, which was perfect for us because all we had to do was show up and enjoy.


7. 9 year anniversary trip to Little Rock


Marshal and I have been to Little Rock thousands of times before. Living in Russellville for so long Little Rock was just where you went. However, since moving to NWA we rarely make it to Little Rock these days. On June 16th the Governor held a reception for all teachers that achieved National Board Certification. Since that happen to be Marshal and my anniversary we decided to just turn our trip to Little Rock into an anniversary get away. We had so much fun. We stayed at the Captial Hotel and enjoyed an evening in the River Market.


6. Losing 26 pounds


I know that is a little mis-leading since I did have a baby in November of 2009. However, in 2010 I did work very hard and lost 26 pounds. You know those cute pregnant people with the little basket ball bellies? Well that was so not me. I gained 42 pounds with Jaxton and 50 pounds with Ashlynn. After Ashlynn I held onto ten of those pounds and never lost them. When I had Jaxton I was determined to lose my baby weight. I am so proud to say I have done that plus an additional six pounds. I have one of my bestest friends and Personal Trainers to thank for all of it. She kicked my butt and I love her very much for it! Now if I can just get back on track and do my Pilate's I am told this baby gut will tighten up. We will see. Maybe not the best picture but maybe you can tell I am back to my pre-pregnancy body (or you can just take my word for it- Ha).


5. Jaxton's Baptism


This was a very special day for so many reasons. First, I am so thankful for the blessing of his life, it is so important to me to be able to promise to raise him in a Christan home and to let him know that he is a child of God. I was also so excited to have my parents, Marshal's parents, my aunt, and my grandparents here to help us celebrate. It meant so much to us to be able to surround Jaxton in love. There was another reason this day was so special to me. A reason that I haven't shared with very many people. When Marshal and I were standing in front of the church and saying the vows, a young couple was sitting right in my line of vision. This couple had recently lost a baby to miscarriage. She was sitting there with tears streaming down her face. I couldn't help but just ache for her. I hated that I was standing up there with my beautiful baby boy and she was sitting in a pew with empty arms. I knew exactly how she felt. I knew the pain behind those tears. You may wonder why I am telling you this. You may think this is an odd thing to have made my day so special. I could literally see God holding her hand in that moment. She was hurting and she felt so alone, but I could see God right there with her. It reminded me that even though I didn't feel it at the time, God never left my side. He held my hand through all of the pain and tears and he never left me. This realization made Jaxton's baptism so incredibly special for me. I have prayed for that couple many times since that day. I barely know them. In fact I can't even tell you their names. I can tell you that they are expecting a baby anyday now and I can't wait to see them in front of the church baptising their own special child.

4. Jaxton's First Birthday


Knowing that Jaxton is my last child, I have just tried my best to soak up every minute with him. He turned one in November and I just can't believe it. While I miss the baby days with him he is starting to show his own little personality which is so fun too! For his first birthday we invited several friends and family members to help us celebrate. For the party favors everyone received some money with instructions to perform a random act of kindness. It has been so cool hearing about all the different ways people used the money and how it has helped. I know it is a birthday I will never forget and I hope someday Jaxton will enjoy reading about it. 3. Ashlynn Starting Kindergarten


This has been so much fun. I have absolutely loved getting to see Ashlynn during the day. I get hugs and kisses throughout my day and it has been so wonderful. I have also learned so much about her. Getting to see her in her social setting and interacting with her peers has taught me so much about my little princess. I had no idea how much like her momma she was until this year. She is so independent and has such a mind of her own.



2. Maternity Leave

I loved my Maternity leave. I took a little over three months off. I didn't feel like I got to enjoy the first month because the holidays were so busy, but come January I loved every minute of it. I got to spend a lot of time with Ashlynn. We had a couple of Mommy/daughter days while Jaxton hung out with Nonnie. I also got some alone time with Jaxton while Ashlynn went to mother's day out. It was just a sweet time I will always cherish.




And the number one event of 2010.....




1. Turning 30!


I dreaded this sooooo much. I was not looking forward to leaving my 20's behind. However, turning 30 has been wonderful. Marshal planned a fabulous trip to KC to celebrate my 30th birthday. I had so much fun! Ethan and Sarah went with us and helped make the trip very special. However, the birthday celebration is not really what has made turning 30 my number one event. It is all of the things that have happened since the celebration. I am very proud of all the things I have accomplished in my 30 years of life. Since turning 30 I have deepened my relationship with Marshal and have been reminded that he is not only the love of my life, but my best friend. I have also become incredibly open and honest about my feelings with people. That may not be a good thing, but for whatever reason I feel more compelled to just tell people exactly what I am thinking. I have reconnected with a great friend. I care more about myself and less about what other people think of me. I feel old enough to know what I want and determined enough to get it. I feel great and I can't wait to see what the next 30 years of my life bring!




So bring on 2011!!!














Comments

  1. I love your top 10! All very meaningful!!! #6...you better try b/c if you don't I will just have to make it harder (but of course not intentionally)! Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts