Real Love

It is no secret that I am not married to the most romantic guy. He doesn’t send me flowers just because, he never leaves happys in my car, doesn’t surprise me by bring me lunch, he has never written me a poem, planned an unexpected date, sung me a song, blah blah blah blah blah. He doesn’t even say sweet and romantic things to me. In fact our song is You say it Best When You Say Nothing at All ,because literally he says nothing-nothing at all.

Now I am no picnic either so I won’t even pretend I am. I am pretty darn perfect though. Ha-kidding. Marshal definitely has his work cut out for him on keeping me happy. While he may not be the most romantic guy he does a wonderful job of showing me he loves me.

Last night for example- We were on our way home from dinner and just about the time we came down the hill on the way to our house, I see this baby deer in the snow. I mean a tiny baby deer, one that appeared to barely be able to walk. I screamed at Marshal to stop (which always gets me in trouble and he tells me I am going to cause him to have a wreck if I don’t stop that crap). Any way we can’t stop, we are going down an icy hill and there is a car right behind us and there is nowhere to pull over. We get to the closest place to pull over and Marshal gets out and realizes that one of our tires is going flat. We try and make it home but the tire is deflating quickly and it becomes obvious we just aren’t going to make it. So we pull over again and Marshal gets out and proceeds to change the tire. This ended up being quiet the ordeal. It was pitch black, snowing, 26 degrees outside, and Marshal didn’t have coat. Needless to say the process took him 45 minutes and by the time he was done he was soaking wet. But he did great, cussed very little, and got us back home safely.

As soon as we get home and I get the kids to bed I turned to him and said “what about the deer”? Being the husband that loves me; he doesn’t say word goes and puts on his coat and heads out to see if he can find the deer. He spent another 45 minutes, walking through the snow covered field,searching for the baby deer. Simply because he loves me and knows that I wouldn’t be able to sleep if I thought that baby deer was lost and going to freeze to death. He didn’t find the deer. He saw several tracks. I am assuming the momma deer came back and rescued her baby deer and that all is right in the world.

I would like to tell you that I don’t normally have my husband do irrational things, but again I am not going to lie. This is just one of a handful of stories where Marshal has done something to keep my tender little heart happy.

So I guess what I am saying is, I will take my real love over the romantic stuff any day. After all, I did break up with a guy in high school for being too romantic. Ha those were the days!

Comments

Popular Posts