I have 3 points and and I am going to close with a little story

Ok so my the title of this post is an inside joke. However, I do have three completely random things to tell you and then two very exciting announcements (exciting for me any ways).

First, My baby girl is 6! I can't believe it. She, being just like her momma, has been planning her sixth birthday for a year now. She wanted her sixth birthday at Fast Lanes. We invited several of her favorite friends, which happen to be mostly boys and had a great time. Here are a couple of pictures from her party. And yes just in case you are wondering she has already started planning her seventh birthday party. A girl has to be prepared you know. HA! Second, As I have mentioned before I am always working on achieving the mother of the year award. I have come close several times, but this time I am convinced I am going to at least win runner up. So Jaxton has had this terrible cough for about four months now. We have taken him to the doctor several times and the doctor has never been all that concerned; saying it is just allergies (we can all thank his daddy for that). The last time we took him in he talked about it being a milk allergy. Well, me being the oh so wonderful mother that I am, completely dismissed this thought. I mean I nursed Jaxton for ten months and had dairy all the time. Then when we switched to formula we used a regular dairy formula. Why would it be a dairy allergy? None the less I tried switching him to a lactose free milk just to see if that would help. His cough just continued to get worse and worse. He started coughing so much that it was waking him up at night. I, in my sleep deprived best started getting very concerned. I called my mom one morning crying. What could be wrong with my baby boy? I let my mind wonder off into a thousand different directions all of which were way off the wall terrible things. My last option before taking him back to the doctor and making them test him for every disease known to man; was to switch him to soy milk. So on Tuesday of this past week, I went to the store picked up a carton of soy milk and we made the switch. Not only did he drink it without a second thought (which is why I didn't want to switch him in the first place-it taste terrible) he hasn't coughed again since. So I am relieved that there is nothing seriously wrong with my son, but completely appalled that my motherly instincts were so off. I let my son suffer for months just because I was to stubborn to listen to the doctor.



Third and final random story, This week I ate a $43 cupcake and let me tell you it didn't taste very good at all. I was doing what every normal girl does after a stressful day at work, getting myself a snack. What better to have for a snack then a leftover chocolate cupcake. I like my cake warm so decided to put it into the microwave. I guess I warmed it a little too long because as soon as I pulled it out the icing slid off of it and landed right on top of my phone. Apparently iphone speakers do not work so well with chocolate icing in them. That little over- heated cupcake cost me $43 worth of speaker repair on my phone. Really, who does crap like that?


Ok so the last two stories were really just to make you feel better about your life. You do feel better, right? Knowing that someone out there is a bigger dork than you. It's ok- laugh all you want to. I know I am pretty ridiculous.

To make myself feel better though, I am going to brag now. The month of April is turning out to be pretty spectacular for me. My Melissa is coming to see me!!! Yea!!! And I get to go see Kenny Chesney. Not only get to see him, but meet him. I have front row tickets and backstage passes and what I am sure will be a very fun girls weekend!!! That's right ladies I am going to get to stare at that fine ass of his for hours!!! Whoo Hoo!!! I know you are all jealous now.
Doesn't make you feel so bad for laughing at me earlier now does it?

Comments

Popular Posts