The Tooth Fairy is Coming to Town




Ashlynn lost her first tooth! I can't believe it. I am so not ready for this. If I had to pick one thing that I hate about teaching kindergarten it would be children losing teeth. It totally grosses me out. Now my own child is losing her teeth.


Her tooth has been loose for a couple of days now. She started complaining about it Tuesday night when she was eating dinner. She was very upset about it. She talked about how worried she was about losing her tooth. I tried to just smile and act so happy about her having a loose tooth even though I had already told Marshal that I don't do teeth and this was all him.


Well this morning on the way to school Ashlynn started coughing. When she stopped she said "Mom my tooth fell out." Excuse me? "Yes, I was coughing and my tooth just fell out in my hand." So we drove the rest of the way to school and sure enough she was just sitting in the car holding her tooth.


I can't believe it was that easy. No blood, no tears, no pain. It seems like just the other day that I was celebrating the arrival of her first tooth. Now that very tooth that gave her that sweet first tooth smile on December 8, 2005 is the first tooth to give her that sweet toothless grin.

Comments

Popular Posts