Day 1: Settling In

Ok for those of you that have never been jealous of me- get ready. Just kidding; I don't know where I come up with this crap. Any way I am soooooo excited about sharing my trip with you. It was beyond fabulous. Words can not possibly describe the amazing time we had and I promise the pictures will not do it justice. However, we did take thousands of pictures and I plan to share a whole lot of them with you. Beacause I have so much to share I am going to take it one day at a time and share with you over the next several days.

Day One: Sunday, June 12th

We had an over night lay over in Miami Saturday night. So Sunday morning we got up and headed to the airport. Let me stop right here and say-if you can avoid flying out of the Miami airport-do. It was horrific! The people, the lines, the nasty floor I had to put my bare feet on, total rudeness-ugg!

Any way all of that was quickly forgotten when an hour later I was flying into the Bahamas! We landed in George Town, Exuma. This is the airport:
Cute, huh? We were greeted with Bahamas sun and live music. My beyond excited mood changed rather quickly when we discover our one and only suitcase had not arrived to the Bahamas with us and that they had absolutely no idea where it was. Great news though, ha, if they found it it would come in on tomorrows flight. They only have one flight that comes in every day and it is arrives everyday at noon. Naturally, I start crying. Do these people not know that I can't handle "going with the flow"?


We arrived at the resort and were greeted by Samson our own personal butler for the week. I fell in love immediately. He was so sweet and as he was walking us around the resort he kept telling us all of the things he could do for us. He gave us this cell phone and told us we could call him anytime we needed anything. As I walked around and saw the beautiful resort I started to care less and less about my luggage.They kept our bar stocked everyday. Samson showed us to the gift shop where Marshal and I purchased swim suits and we were set. We headed down to the pool and hung out in the cabanas because we refused to pay the $21 for the bottle of sun screen.
Samson deliever our afternoon snack while we were out. After pool time we decided to get dinner and head over to the Lover's Game show in the lounge. We went intending on only watching but got talked into being in the game show. This of course required a little rum (ok a lot of rum). We had a blast and came in second place. The game show was hilarious, but after the game show M and I had to drink a lot more rum. We were both thinking they would be questions like "What's your wife's favorite color?". Well apparently at an all couple's resort the word Lover's was meant to mean something totally different. I am going to keep this blog G rated so you will have to ask me more about this later. HA!


The Drunken Duck Pub was our next stop. This turned into a fabulous party. I know you aren't going to believe this, because I am so shy and all, but I instantly made 20 new friends. They were fabulous and we ended up partying it up with them until 3:30 a.m. The cool thing was it was like we were hanging out with friends we had known for years. I am not going to go into every one's names, but a couple of my favorites were, Mark and Maxine from Naussa, Scott from Toronto (his wife wasn't there that night but you will hear lots more about her later in the week), and Brandon and Jackie. Mark and Scott were both absolutely hilarious and kept me laughing pretty much nonstop.
I know after that fabulous intro to my vacation you are going to hardly be able to wait for day two! Don't worry they all aren't going this long. Ha!