Day 6: I am no Swim Suit Model

Day 6: June 17th

I have a feeling this is the post most of you have been waiting for all week. Since this post I have had many request to post pictures of me in the red bikini. Well today is the day. Yikes for me...

But before we get to that You have to listen to a little more of my blah blah blah about my trip.

Friday morning we wake up excited to start the day and ready to get down to the beach to spend one more glorious day in the sun. Before we could do that though we had signed up for a Greg Norman golf clinic. Greg and his wife had flown in for the weekend and he was hosting a golf clinic before spending the rest of the weekend enjoying his vacation. Now I really wasn't all that interested in learning any golf tips from Mr. Norman, but I knew I had to meet him and get him to sign a hat for my Dad. We were just about to leave when the skies open up and it starts pouring down rain. Not to worry, it rained at least once everyday, but usually only for a few minutes and never enough to interrupt our day.  Well this time it was different. This time it started thundering and lightening like crazy. Long story short the rain wasn't going anywhere for a very long time.

Any of you that know me very well know that when I get something in my mind I am going to get my way; one way or another. This day proved to be no different. I wasn't going to let a storm ruin my last day at the beach and I wasn't going to let Mr. Norman canceling the golf clinic stop me from getting my hat signed. 

Marshal and I got into our swim suits, packed a cooler, grabbed some towels, found an umbrella and off we went. We got to beach and got under the tiki hut and ended up spending the better part of the day watching the storm roll across the beach. It was actually really beautiful. The tiki hut was completely dry and the sound of the rain hitting the ocean was very peaceful. Marshal and I spent a lot of time just talking. It was really nice.


That is until Marshal got bored and started playing with the umbrella. HA!

It also proved to be a great day to take my bikini pictures because there were very few people at the beach so I didn't feel like an idiot posing. I am so not a swim suit model. Ha!
The rain did finally stop around 4:00. It is amazing how exhausting it can be laying around all day. In fact this is where I found Marshal on one of our many trips back and forth to the room to get food and beverage.


So here we were the last night at the resort. We eat dinner and head off to tell Mel and Scott good-bye. See what I haven't told you about Mel and Scott is that they weren't at Sandals for their honeymoon or anniversary. They came at the request of  Mel's friend Stephanie. Stephanie was celebrating her 40th birthday and had asked six couples to join her. While everyone else just came in for the weekend Mel and Scott decided to spend the week there so Scott could Bone fish. Saturday was Stephanie's big birthday celebration so we knew that Friday night was our last chance to see them. We find Mel and visit for a little bit. Of course Mel's friends can't help, but love me. I mean doesn't everyone-ha! Totally kidding. Any way Marshal and I get invited to join them at a a private party on the balcony over the pool.  What I also haven't told you is that Stephanie is Greg Norman's sister in law. So Marshal and I got to party it up with Greg and his wife.  He was very nice and down to earth. I learned that he loves to fish almost as much as he loves to golf. Marshal wanted a picture so bad. He was mad at me for hours after the party because I didn't think it was appropriate ask for a picture at a private party we just managed to get invite to.

If you are wondering though-yes I did manage to get the hat signed for my Dad. I told you I always get what I want.

Thank you so much for checking out my vacation post. I am not going to make a day seven post. We didn't fly out until 12:30 so we did get a little more time to enjoy the resort, but the rest of the day was filled with flying and running through airports. My favorite part of day seven was landing at XNA and running to grab a hold of my sweet babies! I missed them sooooooo much!

Comments

Popular Posts