A Day for a Princess

So it has taken me almost a week to start my Disney trip post. Not only because it has taken me almost that long to rest up and recuperate, but it has also been a very busy week. Any way better late than never, right? I do have several post planned to share our Disney trip, but they are not going to follow the same day by day pattern that the Bahamas post did. I thought I would start with my favorite day of the trip: Princess Day!

Ashlynn loves Cinderella. From the beginning of her dress up days Ashlynn has been drawn to Cinderella. I love having a girly girl. When we begun planing this trip I knew Cinderella had to be a big part of it and she was. My fabulous friend Katy dressed as Cinderella and made a video telling Ashlynn about our trip to Disney world and when we got to Disney world Cinderella sent Ashlynn an invitation to have breakfast at her castle. We got to The Magic Kingdom bright and early Thursday morning. We had already been to The Magic Kingdom twice during the week but neither time did we go in the castle. We headed straight to the castle and when we started walking in Ashlynn got beside herself excited. We went in and they treated us like royalty, even referring to us as the royal Watson family. We met Cinderella right away. You can see Jaxton wasn't quite as excited about meeting Cinderella as Ashlynn was.
After meeting Cinderella we headed to the dinning area on the second floor. The hostess gave each child a wishing star and Ashlynn got a magic wand and Jaxton got a sword. During breakfast, which was super yummy, the different Disney princesses came around and visited. Ashlynn was so excited she didn't even touch her food.


Ashlynn's cute Mickey plate.

Jaxton got really mad that he didn't get included in this picture with Aurora.


After Belle walked away Jaxton blew her a kiss. I told him his momma was the only princess he was allowed to kiss. HA!
After all of the princesses had made their way around they held a wishing star ceremony. Each child said the magic words, Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo, and made their wish on their star. Ashlynn wished to be just like Cinderella with a real Cinderella gown and slippers.

I had no idea that was what Ashlynn would wish for, but I did know that our Disney trip wouldn't be complete without a trip to the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. I was so excited I could hardly wait for 3:00 to roll around. In the mean time we made our rounds riding all the must ride rides in Fantasyland (tea cups, Dumbo, Peter Pans flight, Winnie's Adventures, It's a small world). Then it was finally time to head back to the castle for Ashlynn's surprise make over. I think Marshal thought I had lost my mind when I told him how much I had spent a Cinderella's boutique but it was worth every last penny. I think Marshal agreed when he saw the finished product.
Princess dressing room.
Photo Shoot. Part of the Princess makeover.
The only downfall of the day is that I think Ashlynn believes she really was turned into a princess and that her daddy and I are now her royal servants. Not sure how long this is going to last, but oh my!

Comments

Popular Posts