What the Books Didn't tell me

I have to wrap up my Disney post. I know I have drug them out way to long. For those of you still reading-thanks. I really just want to get it all down for my own family memories. I promise to have more exciting post soon.

Going to Disney World really stressed me out. I don't like the unknown. I like to know what I am getting into. When I don't, I feel like I am not in control and I hate that. I know type A personality at it's finest. So to try and get a sense into what Disney World was going to be like with my two children I read the books and I looked up all sorts of information on the internet. I found lots of helpful hints and the information proved to be very useful once we got there. However, I felt like two very important things were never mentioned in anything I read. One I just lucked into and the other well I just had to suck it up and get use to it.

The first thing I am talking about is squeaky shoes. I loved Wee Squeaks with Ashlynn. I can remember how great it was in Walmart to be able to hear the squeak squeak of her shoes and always know that she was right there beside me. Ashlynn would have never gotten further then a foot away from me-ever, but the squeak was just very reassuring of that. Jaxton on the other hand, well that boy thinks it is the funniest thing ever to run as far away from me as possible. He will jump into anybodies arms that have them out stretched and even some that aren't. He keeps me moving nonstop. Therefore, I knew the squeaky shoes would come in handy at Disney. They were fabulous. For anyone that has a small child I highly recommend them. It isn't like I don't watch my child, but even with four adults that little man could get away in a heart beat. With the squeak squeak it was very easy to know he hadn't gotten too far. We got tons of comments about them. Everyone loved them. I loved the fact that they had Razorbacks on them because they got so much attention and I got to proudly show off my team spirit.

The second thing that no one told me was how to pack. Don't get me wrong, I am not a complete idiot, but I really thought that I would want to take some nice clothes for dinner and evening activities. HA! I have never felt like a bigger bum in my life. I don't think I fixed my hair at all the entire week we were there. I never had any makeup on and I found myself washing and re wearing some of my favorite comfy clothes because I just didn't care what I looked like. I way over packed and I really wasn't prepared to look so pitiful all week. That explains the pictures. Hair up, no makeup (even though I did try to put some on it was gone with in a matter of minutes in the sun), shorts and a top and tennis shoes.

Oh well we truly had a fabulous time and made a lot of great memories and I wouldn't trade any of them!




Comments

Popular Posts