What I've Been Up To

Oh my mercy! The last 3 weeks have been a whirlwind of crazy exhaustion. I am very happy to be back at work. I missed my coworkers and I honestly love the routine of being back at work. However, the meetings, the new students and the new schedules. Uggg!!! It is just crazy. I know all teachers feel this way, but kindergarten teachers have an especially though time at the beginning of the year. 20 little darlings that have never had to sit and follow directions. It's good times; that's all I have to say.

This year has honestly been one of my most stressful starts yet. I don't think it is going to even come close to the kindergarten class of 08-09 ( which I hate to admit but I thought that class was going to force me to quit my job and go work as a Walmart greeter ).Ok I wasn't going to but I feel like I must explain: The class of 08-09: Not a day went by that I didn't get called a bitch. I truly was scared of getting stabbed to death as I had a child that made shanks daily, I got hit on a daily basis, had chairs thrown at me at least twice a week. And yes I am talking about kindergarten students. I had five students that were out of control and there was very little I could do about it.

Any way, moving on, this year I have a very sweet great group of students. I have some of the cutest kids I have ever seen.  I also have a great intern. However, this year has brought about a lot of changes. Our district is heading in a new direction with the way literacy and math instruction is delivered and the state has adopted the Common Core Curriculum. All of which I truly believe is going to be great. However, I feel like a brain surgeon who has always preformed brain surgery this one way. The brain surgery was effective and worked but someone has come up with a new and better way to do things. They send home the manual with me and first thing tomorrow morning I am expected to preform that surgery on a patient going on what I read in a book. Stressful! I guess at least I am not actually going to kill anyone if I mess up; but I hate to think I am not giving my students the best and that I may screw up their education.

I love to do new things, but I cant stand to not do things the right way. So I am stressing myself out about learning all of these new things at once and trying to get them to all work together in my classoom. I am also having a challenging time with three of my new little friends. I know it will all get worked out, but these students are really making me think outside the box. It really is just a puzzle that I need to figure out, but for now my days have been pretty difficult.

I can honestly say I have never been this exhausted. My feet and legs have never hurt so much, my throat hurts from talking so much and I yawn all the time. I need sleep and a long relaxing weekend!

Life is good. I really do enjoy my job. I just needed to get all this blah blah out (and explain why I haven't blogged in so long).

Comments

Popular Posts