A Day Late and a Dollar Short, or Maybe Not

Yesterday was Valentine's day and I have to say it wasn't my favorite. First of all, I forgot to reset my alarm after the snow day and woke up at 7:00. I got ready in the matter of 12 minutes and Ashlynn and I were out the door. Then, well let's face it, being a kindergarten teacher on party day is exhausting. I spent all day running around like a crazy woman. By the time school was over all I wanted to do was climb in bed. That unfortunately wasn't an option as my two children needed my attention.

Ashlynn had dance and Marshal had a meeting so there was really no time to go home after work. Ashlynn, Jaxton and I were out running errands when around 4:00 I get a call from the florist asking if I was still at work. Ummmm no! Long, ugly, me crying, story later-they were not able to deliver my flowers Great! Happy Valentines day to me, right?

Now, I am not a huge fan of flowers on Valentines day in the first place. I wanted to tell the florist to forget it and just refund my husband his money. I just think flowers on valentines day are just such a generic gift. No thought, no effort, just an easy check off on a guys list. See I told you, my valentines day was just not looking so great.  Lets chalk this one up to over and better luck next year....but wait, the day isn't quite over.

Marshal decided to surprise the kids and I by meeting us at Chick-Fil-a. Sure it was only for 15 minutes, but it was 15 minutes I wasn't expecting. Then he left a little gift on the table just before heading out the door. The gift was a cd of some of my favorite songs. More importantly inside the gift was a card. A very nice card that he personally wrote a very sweet and thoughtful message. Then my sweet baby boy said " Happy Valentines day momma, I love you momma". ( I tried and tried to get him to repeat this for me to video but no luck on that on-you just have to trust me it was cute). Suddenly things were starting to look up.

As for the flowers; the florist delivered them today. They were beautiful lavender roses that my husband had special ordered. Lavender roses are my favorite! I used them in our wedding. The fact that he had the foresight to order them weeks in advance and did put thought and effort into them, erased my whole I hate flowers on Valentines day theory. In fact I didn't get flowers on valentines day at all. Ha!

What seemed to be a terrible day turned into a wonderful day in which I felt very very loved!

Side note from my personal valentines day: One of my sweet little girl's dads did this for her for valentines day.

Such a sweet lunch set up in the SCE school cafeteria. Cutest thing ever!

Watch out boys, she is going to have some high standards in the romance department!




Comments

  1. Those are pretty! And how sweet that he surprised you for dinner!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts