The Highlights

I am such a loser mom when it comes to recording my babies memories. I know with Ashlynn, things would happen and I would think "I will never forget this". Well she is only seven and I have to admit I don't remember them like I wish I did. Really it's the small things I long to remember the most. My friend Katy is such a fabulous mom and so creative. She keeps a daily journal for her little one just to remember the fun times that each day brings.

I am not that fabulous but there are a few things about my sweet peas that I truly cherish and don't want to forget. Here are the highlights of the small moments I wish I could bottle up and keep forever.

Ashlynn:

Baby girl isn't so baby anymore. She will be seven in a little less than a month.When I got pregnant with Jaxton I wanted so very badly to have a boy, only because I couldn't ever imagine Ashlynn not being my baby girl. She is so darn smart. She cracks me up with how grown up she talks and thinks. The other day we were making cards to go to the nursing home and she was using glue and glitter. The glue got outside of the heart she was making a little bit so she said " mom I messed up, but I think it will be ok because old people can't see very good anyways". Ha! She is also a fabulous reader. I absolutely love listening to her read. She is getting good at adding expression to her reading and it is truly making it entertaining to listen to her. Another thing I don't want to forget about my sweet girl is how much she loves her baby brother. I absolutely adore it (and honestly am a little jealous at times that I never had a sibling). Recently Jaxton had RSV. He was so sick and so pitiful. Ashlynn was so kind and gentle with him. She even cried about not wanting her baby brother to be sick. It melts my heart in all kinds of mushy ways.

Jaxton:

Oh my, where to begin on that big ball of cuteness. My favorite time of the day with him is after bath. Every night I get him out of the bath and take him to his changing table to get his pjs on. He went through a wiggly worm stage around six months, so to try and get him to lay still so I could get his diaper on straight, I started a little game with him where I would grab his toes and nibble on them. I would always say "mmmmm that's a good toe snack". Pretty much every night we have continued this pattern. he sticks his feet up in the air and giggles. I love it now because as soon as I lay him on the changing table he gets his feet ready and say "momma you want Jaxton toe snack".  It just cracks me up. Then we read his bedtime story, which is always the same. Right now he is stuck on Vroom Vroom, and Mickey Mouse clubhouse books. Then every night he says "Jesus momma" and we sing Jesus Loves Me together. As soon as we are finished the next words out of his mouth are " Now I lay me" and we say our prayers. It is just such a special time and I love it.



They may not always be little, but they will always be my babies.

Comments

Popular Posts