My baby's baby

When Ashlynn was a baby we got a sweet little soft baby doll as a baby gift. I put that baby in her crib and she fell in love just as I had hoped. Madelyn is part of the family just the way my Thedore is. Madelyn sleeps with Ashlynn every night, rides to school with us in the morning, and travels with Ashlynn anytime she spends the night somewhere other than home. Ashlynn also has her flower b (blanket) that she loves and goes with her and Madelyn wherever they are.

Jaxton came along and I wanted the same for him. My mom found this sweet little soft frog and I took the same steps as I did with Ashlynn hoping that that would become his baby. I wasn't sure with a boy how that would work out but Marshal has told me all about his pillow that he loved when he was little so I thought the frog was worth a shot. Well Jaxton could care less. He barely gave that frog a second look. I did, quite by accident, discover he has a favorite blanket. That blue and white afghan is his love. You better not find yourself anywhere too far away from it or a meltdown will occur. In fact washing it has become a little challenging. He will just stand by the washer and say "b, I want my b". Any way I am all good with that. It is sweet and I know one day many years down the road I will cherish that blanket that my little boy loved so much.

What I wasn't expecting was for my son to have a baby. Pepo entered our lives on Christmas morning as a gift for Ashlynn. Pepo, known to the rest of the world as Penbo the Interactive Penguin, was the must have Christmas gift Ashlynn had asked for. I had to search website after website to order that darn thing and was so excited when I found one because I knew Ashlynn was going to be thrilled. Ashlynn opened it and was in fact thrilled. We got it out of the box immediately and started playing with it. What I wasn't expecting is Jaxton to fall madly in love with it the minute he saw it. From that minute one, baby Pepo (as he has named it) sleeps with him, eats with him, watches t.v. with him, and goes everywhere he goes. Most place Pepo has to stay in the car as Pepo has not learned when it is appropriate to be quiet. Jaxton makes me bathe Pepo, Pepo has to have his teeth brushed, diaper change, and everything. Peop even has his (or her considering it is hot pink) blanket.


I feel like I have a grandchild at the age of 31. HA!

Comments

Popular Posts