Little Spring Break Vacay

I relish the my time at home. I love spring break and summer break because I look forward to days at home, lounging with my kids, doing a whole lot of nothing. I have however, recently been made fun of for not getting out and experiencing the world. Hey what are friends for, right?  While I am not planning to turn into the world traveler he is, I did sit down and make a list of places I would like to go.

I looked at my list with Marshal and thought about where we could reasonably go over spring break. I wanted to ensure that the trip wouldn't be too long ( I would never dream of giving up all my days without having a few at home pajama days before break ended). We decided St. Louis would be the first place to mark off my list.

We loaded the kids up and headed that way Saturday morning.  The trip there wasn't the best. We got into a major lightening and hail storm. I was so thankful that Marshal was driving and stayed calm the whole time, because Lord knows I was a nervous wreck. It was clear we wouldn't be doing anything that afternoon as the weather was just so nasty. Thank goodness the hotel had a indoor pool. They also happen to be hosting a huge wedding which Ashlynn, Jaxton, and I manged to trample right through. Oh well I did at least refrain myself from asking for wedding cake. Ha!

Sunday morning we woke up to beautiful weather and headed downtown to start our morning off with breakfast a Roosters, a local place famous for their crepes.  Yum! I can see why. Delicious! Afterwards we headed to the City Museum. We had an absolute blast. It is a must do in St. Louis. I am not sure who had more fun, the kids or the grownups. We crawled and climbed, slid down huge slides, swung from ropes, fell on our butts on some crazy ramps, ran in hamster wheels, and pretty much exhausted ourselves with laughter. Such an awesome place.

That afternoon we headed down to the arch. We wondered around outside for a while; as the weather was absolutely perfect. Then decided to head inside. We got in line to get tickets to ride the tram up to the top. We felt so lucky because we bought the last four tickets for the day. I was very excited about getting to go up in the arch. I couldn't wait to look down  630 feet to the ground. Getting to the top of the arch was not my favorite though. It was a long four minute ride up. I am not a fan of tight enclosed spaces, especially after the tram was running 45 minutes behind due to maintenance  issues. Ha! Any way it was very cool and Ashlynn and Jaxton seemed to love it. We finished  off the day by eating at Hodaks, which came highly recommended. I enjoyed it because it was a local restaurant,, however  I will say there was a lot of hype about the chicken and I didn't find it to be all that special.

Monday we went to breakfast at Chris' Pancakes, another local recommended restaurant. Then spent the day at The Magic House, the children's science museum. It was very neat. Everything was made specifically for children to explore. We finished that off with frozen custard at Ted Drewys and dinner at Rigazzi's, one of the many Italian restaurants on The Hill. 

We spent Tuesday morning driving around and just seeing St. Louis before heading back home. I wanted to make sure I felt like I really experienced St. Louis before I left. Happily I can say that I truly did and now check check onto the next place on my list.

Comments

Popular Posts