Little Moments

 There are two kinds of people; those who like to pretend that their life is all hearts and rainbows and those who like to be real and find relief from life by chatting it up with their girl friends.  I tend to be a realist. Nothing makes me feel better than to talk about it. This week I found myself smack dab in the middle of a " let me tell you how much my husband stinks this week conversation", while I was suppose to be lesson planning. Oh well that got done too. Ha!

It's always the same conversation, regardless of which man we are talking about, mine or my friends. He doesn't pay any attention to me. He only thinks about himself. I have asked him to do (you fill in the blanks) a thousand times and guess who ended up doing it. Blah blah blah. I could continue but you get the point.

The last two weeks have been a little rough at my house. Now I love my husband to pieces and he truly is a fabulous person, but the last two weeks he has been really snippy. I am sure I should just be the lovely little wife and ignore it, but that is just not my personality. He takes a tone with me and I am just going to shut down right then and there. He has said I am sorry at least a dozen times this week but bottom line he just kept doing it.

Wednesday night after putting the kids to bed I asked him if he would go get a slushy for me from the Kum and Go. He said he would if I promised to sit outside with him for a few minutes. I said sure and off he went.

Ok here is where my flaws come in. I don't have many so I know some of you are shocked. Ha! I am very very anal about my house and how I keep it. I like everything to be in it's place and hate for it to be dirty. I work every night until everything is just so so and don't stop until it is either done or I am just exhausted. Sometimes I do have to let things go , but it is literally painful and it will drive me crazy until I get it done.

So Marshal brings my slushy and well you guessed it. I had too much to do to stop and go outside with him. Finally we both crash into bed me mad at him, him mad at me. We toss and turn for a little while and neither one can sleep. Finally I asked if he would be willing to take me outside for a date. He agreed. I took a blanket outside and we laid down and looked at the stars. By this time it was midnight. The neighborhood was still and quiet and in that little moment everything was perfect.

So simple, so beautiful, so absolutely perfect. It really is the little moments that mean the most.

Comments

Popular Posts