The Lectures Can Stop: Doctor's Visit

If you haven't been around me when I have passed out, well just wait,  I am sure it will happen soon. I pass out frequently and honestly it is no big deal. I feel bad for a few minutes and then I get over it and on with my day. This seems to really upset a lot of you. I have had lecture after lecture about how that is not normal and I need to go to the doctor. I know it is only out of love for me and I appreciate it.

After over ten years of hearing this, I finally went to the doctor today. Drum roll please......my official diagnose is Vasovagal Syncope, which is official doctor language for there isn't a darn thing wrong with me. Ok ok that isn't exactly what it means, but basically there isn't anything I need to do and nothing I really need to worry about. What is happening is my blood pressure suddenly drops ,by around 20 points according to the testing done today, and it causes me to black out. It happens when I change positions-sitting to standing, laying down to sitting up, etc.  As soon as my blood pressure goes back up I am able to recover and feel fine.

As part of the testing I had an EKG. Great news there. My heart is very strong and healthy and he could tell that I faithfully work out. Whoop Whoop Melissa you should be so proud! Any way I still fully expect lectures about something, because we all know I can't be expected to behave myself all the time, but as for my passing out just slap me around for a few minutes and know we will both feel better soon. Ha!

Comments

Popular Posts