Sticks and Stones

If I could climb a mountain and yell it I would; I Andrea Michelle Hudlow Watson have never been more proud of my dad than I am right now. To know that he stood up for what was right instead of the easy road, just makes me beam with pride. This road is not going to be easy. It has been painful and harsh. I, however, find it so easy to stand strong with dignity and grace because I was raised by a man with strong Christian values and a deep respect for the truth. I cannot express to you how truly heartwarming it is to receive the support that my parents and I have received over the last several days. The notes, emails, calls, and texts, have meant everything to us. Some have come from the most unexpected places. I cannot tell you how many times I have felt God speaking through your words and actions. It just proves to me that my mom and dad truly have made an impact with their lives, loving and giving to the people that surround them. I feel so blessed and hope that I possess at least a fraction of their goodness.

Now, remember that dignity and grace I talked about earlier? Let's forget about that for just one moment while my GCB (love that show) side comes out. I have discovered that, the momma bear syndrome I have for my children, I also have for my parents. I look forward to the day I can look some people in eye and see if they are able to look back at me.

Comments

Popular Posts