Family Vacay

This year we went to Panama City Beach for our family vacation. It was fun to go somewhere different, but I think we all missed the familiarity of Destin and I know we missed the food. The Crab Trap in Destin is my favorite restaurant ever.

None the less we had a great week and made some fun memories. When traveling to the beach you just never know what you are going to get. We have been on vacation during a hurricane, been at the beach when the jellyfish were so bad you couldn't get in the water, had a shark attack in front of our hotel, experienced the mess of the oil spoil, and this year a major seaweed problem created by some of the recent storms. It was pretty bad the first couple of days. The seaweed was so thick and covered the beach and piled up so thick there were mounds of it three feet high in places.


We didn't let it slow us down though. It was scratchy and rough and really gross to swim in. However I couldn't wait to wake up every morning and see what had been written. Lots of SCE sports, happy birthdays, and of course love notes.


Ashlynn has made huge strides in her swimming ability this summer and they had a zero entrance pool with splash fountains so we spent lots of time enjoying that.








Ashlynn and I also went parasailing and had a blast. It was a fun memory for her. We also got to help save a guy on our way out to the parasailing boat. This guy was floating on a tube and got pulled out pretty far into the ocean. He was out there waving his arms and screaming for help. Ashlynn and I were riding on a banana boat pulled by a jet ski. The jet ski driver pulled us up next to him and Ashlynn and I pulled him onto the boat. He was freaking out and said he couldn't feel his legs. Poor Ashlynn's eyes were as big as saucers. I just talked to him and made sure he was ok and we took him back to the shore line where his family was waiting. He said a dolphin was circling him, which I thought was neat. Poor guy. It was kind of funny because that same day Marshal had to assist with a woman passed out at the
restaurant.

We also went to Peir Park where they had tons of carnival rides. Jaxton was too little to ride anything by himself so I had to ride with him. He loved every minute of it. I have to say I was scared of half the rides we went on, but he was laughing and having the time of his life. He also rode go carts and jet skis with GeGe. He kept saying I want to drive fast. Ha.








Speaking of jet skis. Marshal and Ashlynn also took out a jet ski for an hour. Some seaweed got caught up in the motor or something, I wasn't really paying attention. Any way, Marshal brought Ashlynn back in to fix it. When he came in toward the shore the jet ski flipped over on top of them. Luckily they were both ok, but it definitely had this momma scared.

We had a really great time as a family and have already booked next years week at the beach.


Jaxton wasn't so sure about the waves.


My little friend I met on the beach.


Jaxton made sure his Penbo enjoyed vacation too.


Ashlynn liked her frozen drinks as much as I did.












Comments

Popular Posts