Summertime Blues

I love summertime. I love the warm weather, the sunshine, the lazy days at the pool, the go with the flow atmosphere created by no schedule, the sleeping in until 9:30 (yes my kids are well trained), reading trashy summer novels, and being able to be ready in five minutes with hair in a pony.


However, I have been experiencing a little summertime blues. Nothing big just kind of down and depressive at times. It isn't that I am not loving summer, but I really think my body craves schedules and order. I am well aware how ridiculous that sounds, but honestly after a couple of days I just get in a funk. I truly love my scheduled and ordered life. I love knowing that I am going to get off of work, cook dinner, have kids in bath at 7:30 and bed by 8:00, then promptly at 9:00 I am going to exercise. Without a schedule I can't seem to accomplish a thing, dishes, laundry, or exercise. I get done with dinner and next thing you know I am sitting in Marshal's lap where I stay until bedtime. Now part of that I am going to blame on him. He is very tricky and knows that if he is sitting on the couch while I am up working I will glare at him with evil eyes until he gets up to help. He has figured out if he will ask me to sit with him,I will stay put for hours if he is rubbing my back or playing with my hair. Any ways I am totally off subject. I was simply trying to make the point that not getting anything accomplished has only added to my summertime funk.

When I am having a bad day or am grumpy for one reason or another I always try and think of something I can do to make someone else happy. Simple things make me happy so my happies are usually pretty simple things. Coffee with a friend, a note on their car, etc. This week I decided to mail some cards to some friends. What's better than getting a card in the mail, right? It definitely lifted my spirits and put a smile on my face.



Speaking of happy- one of my sweetest friends joined FB recently. I could not have been more tickled to reconnect with her. It is sad but after college we all got jobs and started families and lost touch. Loved loved these girls!



Ok this post is all over the place. I feel like I should somehow rewrite it and make it flow a little better. Then again it just shows what summer does to me. Yet, I know in a couple of weeks I will be missing my summer so much and starting the count down to summer 2013.

Comments

Popular Posts