2nd Grade Oh My

I cannot believe that Ashlynn is starting second grade! It doesn't seem possible that I can remember being in second grade and now I have a child in second grade. I know she is going to have a wonderful year. I feel so blessed that not only did she get a wonderful teacher, but also a teacher that I consider a dear friend.

I know Ashlynn will create many fun memories this year. I thought before the year really got started I would share one of my memories from 2nd grade. I went to elementary school at Sequoyah Elementary School in Russellville. My teacher was Mrs. McElroy. My favorite memory was winning a chicken. Ha. No seriously. We were studying the life cycle of the chicken. We hatched chickens in our classroom and our teacher sent home a form for our parents to sign allowing us to be entered into a classroom drawing to win a chicken to take home. My mom, knowing that I am not very lucky, signed the permission slip to enter the drawing. What she didn't know was that only three other moms signed it and we had four baby chicks, meaning there was no drawing; I got to take home a baby chick! Yay me! Now my mom, she wasn't so excited. She did let me keep baby Peeper until he started growing into a big boy rooster. Lucky for me, my Aunt Ione had a farm where she had chickens. Peeper got to go live with her and be a happy rooster and I got to go visit him every so often.

Now I really hope Ashlynn does not bring home a baby chick, but I do hope she has a fabulous, memorable second grade year.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Comments

Popular Posts