Outside My Box

I tend to be a very patterned person. I find comfort in what I know. Marshal and I will get into a pattern of doing something and we tend to just stick with it. Some patterns last longer than others and some are good patterns, where as others, are not so good. For example when I was pregnant with Ashlynn we got in the pattern of going to the donut store almost every Saturday morning. That pattern continued well after Jaxton was born and only with our move to Bentonville did that stop. I find myself so lost on Saturday mornings ( we are talking about something I did almost every Saturday for 8 years). I often times skip eating breakfast altogether now because I can't have my donut ( and no the donuts in Bentonville are just not the same).   

I could really give you a list a mile long of patterns that I get into. I am not sure why I am like that. I just build my little box and it feels so good to me to stay in it.

That is not to say that I don't like change and adventure. I can tell you there have been very little changes that I have not embraced and loved. I do get very nervous with the unknown and tend to way over analyze and think about things especially when I don't know what to expect. Having said all of that, I have some wonderful friends that have really got me thinking about expanding my experiences and stepping outside of my box a little bit. My sweet friend Melissa pointed out in her recent blog post that most people don't take time to enjoy their surroundings. I am definitely guilty of that. Big time!

She would be so so proud of me though because this weekend I stepped outside of my box and took my family on a little hike at Tanyard Creek. ( And if that wasn't impressive enough stay tune for my October plans-whoa you aren't going to know what to think.) I have heard lots about it and how beautiful a place it is, but for the 10 years I have lived here, I have never gone.

I packed a picnic dinner and invited my parents to come along. It was beautiful and we could not have asked for a nicer day. Ashlynn and Jaxton both ran all over the place exploring. They both seemed to have a great time. It did crack me up though because when we were eating Ashlynn said " I am not much into eating outside mom, there are bugs and stuff and I am a little sweaty, which is gross. " HA! Sometimes I just crack up at my little mini me. Seriously where does she get this stuff?



 
 
 


Comments

Popular Posts