Tales From my Single Days

I am so thankful my husband doesn't travel very often. Random luck though, he is currently on his third trip within a month. You know I don't really mind it too bad when he travels. It is so little that  as much as I miss him, it is kind of nice. I don't have to worry about what to fix for dinner and I get to control what, if any t.v. ,I watch ( how fabulous is a quiet house).

For this current trip, he left Sunday morning early and isn't coming back until Thursday. So on Sunday afternoon I crawled into bed, turned on the bed heater like an old person, and downloaded several new books onto my Kindle. I thought that would surely entertain me while he was away. I read for about an hour and then took a great little nap. My single life seemed to be going pretty well. Then I decided to be a good little momma and take my kids to a church carnival. Ok no problem they were well behaved and I even kind of got them fed. I did have a couple of errands to run afterwards, but it was looking like I was well on my way to getting home, getting my chores done, running and crawling back in bed to the book I was now hooked on. Long story short I didn't crawl in bed until 11:00. There was just too much to do and I didn't even get to run. No reading for me. Sad face.

Monday night comes and I am determined I am going to get in bed and relax. Around 9:45, when I am still up to my elbows in dirty dishes, I realize it just isn't going to happen. Oh well no biggie. Then I hear this beep........beep.....beep. I try and ignore it because I know exactly what it is. If I pretend I don't hear it, it will stop and I won't have to go on the great "which fire alarm battery is dying" search.

It doesn't stop. All is good. I determine it is coming from upstairs. It surely can't be hard to figure out which one it is. More good news, we have extra batteries. Ok all set. I am a strong, independent, capable young woman. I've got this.

I get upstairs and realize there is a problem. Of course the battery going dead is the one in the bonus room at the top of  10 ft  ceilings.  Well crap. I decide I am going to take the step stool, put it on the table, stand on my tippy toes and try and reach it. I call Marshal to tell him what I am doing so at least someone will know if they need to call an ambulance. He of course gets all frustrated with me and tells me not to do that. I knew it wasn't the brightest idea, but I have to get this beeping to stop. He explains where his ladder is and tells me to call him when I get it upstairs and he will tell me how to set it up. What he didn't tell me was that it weighs 75 pounds.
 Oh my mercy! I thought I was going to pass out by the time I finally got it up the stairs.

None the less, I called Marshal back and he starts telling me how to set it up. Then my cell phone dies. Well crap. Ok I am on my own. I pull and I tug. Finally ,after I am a big sweaty mess, I get the ladder set up, climb up to the top and change the stinking battery. UGH!!!
Don't look at the mess in the bonus room. Trying to fight the kids to keep it neat is wearing me out so it stays a mess.
What a total pain in the butt and back and parts I didn't even know I had.

I decided to not even bother taking the ladder down. It can just stay there until Marshal gets home. Ridiculous.

Moral of the story: I am not a strong, independent, capable woman. I very much need a strong, capable man to take care of me. And while he is busy taking care of me, he also needs to make me feel incredibly independent. I don't ask for much....HA!

Comments

Popular Posts