Who's Thirty Two

Yes yes this post is a little behind. Oh well, right?

This year my birthday fell on a Saturday. My beyond fabulous husband took me to Dallas for a little get away. I have been wanting to go to Dallas for a while now. We have been several times before, but always on someone else's time frame. I just wanted to go and be able to relax and have fun on my own.

Marshal planned the perfect weekend. Honestly, I couldn't have asked for more. As I tell you about what we did you may be thinking well that doesn't seem all that great, because we didn't do a whole lot, but the fact that he planned every last minute of it with me in mind made it all amazing.

He got us a suite at the Le Meridien. It was the cutest little hotel. I loved our room. After driving Friday night it was so wonderful to just be able to hang out and relax in such a cute space.













Check out the styling lobby. I asked Marshal if we could pack it up and bring it home with us because I just loved it.











Saturday morning we slept in until 10:00. (I know all you mommas out there just let out a big sigh thinking about how wonderful that sounds.) Then Marshal took me to the Galleria Mall and let me shop to my hearts content. I haven't been shopping, I mean really shopping, in over seven years. I am always joking with my other mom friends about how I have no clothes and the clothes I do have usually don't fit right because who has time to pick something out when you are trying to shop with two little darling helpers. Seriously I think that my memory on that is worse than child birth. I think "let's go shopping". Then I get in the store and they are mom this and mom that and Jaxton is grabbing things and oh my mercy within 10 minutes I look like the boggiest mess you have ever seen and I am running out of the store as fast as I can. Then for whatever reason, I forget how horrible it was and want to do it all again next week. Any way sorry completely off track but you get the idea. Child free shopping Awww fabulousness!


We spent most of the day there. We did drive to a couple of other stores around Dallas but we had dinner reservations at 7:00 so shopping filled our day. Marshal made dinner reservations at Eddie V's. Oh my mercy! I cannot even begin to describe how amazing it was. Seriously the yummiest thing I have ever eaten (yes even better than Rick's cake)! It was such a cute restaurant and the waiters were so good. The guy brought out some kind of little salmon with caviar to prepare our palate and he kept bring out chilled glasses to refresh my martini.Have I mention yet how delicious the food was? So yummy!









After dinner we went to a local club and had a great time people watching and chatting and just spending time together.

Sunday we got to sleep in again, although we shouldn't have slept as late as we did. Then we got to meet my beyond wonderful friend Melissa. I don't really know why all my best friends live so far away from me, but I was thrilled to get to spend some time with her and her cute family. They are one of those couples that Marshal and I both have a great time with. We just wish they would move closer to us so we could see them more often. ( sorry Melissa this picture is not the best of us. We have to stop waiting until last to take one).


I know most of you are getting really concerned because you aren't seeing anything about a Rick's cake. No worries Marshal took care of that too. When I came home Tuesday from work there was a very large, very yummy cake waiting on me. I quite enjoyed eating almost every last bite of it all by myself.


A fabulous start to year 32!

Comments

Popular Posts