A Thousand Parties Ago

(I am not going to go into a huge explanation, but I feel I owe it to Jaxton to explain why it has taken me over a month to blog about his birthday. As you know I went to NJ on his birthday. Shortly after returning, we experienced tragedy at work with the death of one of our kindergarten babies. Then the holidays hit and well here we are.)

So literally a thousand parties ago (ok maybe not, but seriously a lot) we had a surprise birthday party for my dad at his cabin. He turned 60 this year and with 2012 being a year of changes for my family, my mom and I wanted to do something special. I honestly don't know who loved it more; my dad or me. My dad was surprised and excited, but words cannot express how much it warmed my heart to have a roomful of friends showing their love for my dad.

I am also taking this opportunity to show off my dads cabin. He built it himself and did an amazing job. It is so beautiful and I know he is proud of it and I am proud of him!





I had to sneak pictures at the party because my dad would have never agreed to let me take them. It would embarrass him or something silly like that. As you can see, my sneaky photography skills stink. Ha. Oh well.



The very next weekend we had Jaxton's third birthday. Since I am in to throwing out ages in this post I will go ahead and tell you I'm 24. I know you were all wondering and I know none of you remember the blog post titled My 32nd from a couple of months ago. Ha ok I am not 24 and I know I am not fooling any of you, but it made me happy for a minute to pretend to be so young.

Any way Jaxton was so excited about his birthday party. We had it at The Little Gym. While he had an absolute blast and the gym throws a fabulous party, all Jaxton talked about was getting to play with his friends. He still talks about his friends playing games and coming to his party.








Jaxton also designed his own cake telling Rick's Bakery down to the detail what he wanted. He did a great job and was very proud of himself.


The kids were the cutest during present time. They all piled up and made present time a group effort. It was so cute!



I can't believe my little boy is 3! He is the absolute sweetest, loving little boy. I know it won't last forever, but he is a big time mommas boy and I love and cherish every minute of it.


Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Comments

Popular Posts