My Bulletin Board

One of my projects for Christmas break was to clean out and organize my closet. It is a really nice size closet and it is all mine, which makes me super super happy. The problem is that when we moved in ( yes I know it has been over a year) I just threw everything in it and haven't taken the time to go through it and organize it.

Today as I was cleaning out I came across my bulletin board from my high school days. I had this big bulletin board that hung beside my bed. Everything went on that board, corsages from dances, notes from friends, graduation invitations, magazine articles that I cut out, keys from my first car,etc. After all of these years the board is falling apart and really hard to store. I decided to take everything off and put it in a tub instead. I loved looking at it all and thinking about all the memories. Two things absolutely cracked me up.

First, check out the cards from the flowers Marshal had sent. There are 19. Ha, that boy must have loved me at some point.




Second, and oh my mercy I am rolling over this one.




The summer before I started high school I somehow talked my mom and dad into letting me bring my friend Shonda to the beach with us. What they didn't know was that my friend Holly talked her dad into taking her and our friend Erin to the beach the same week. Well the four of us thought we were something else. Every night we would meet down at the shoreline where we would hang out and meet people. This is a list of the boys we met, along with what we thought of each of them. Ha! This list contains 23 names and two of those names represent two guys with the same name.

Oh Ashlynn all I have to say is your momma may never let you out of the house.

Any way after all that reminiscing, I got to thinking what my 2012 bulletin board would look like. Obviously it would be much different than that of my high school days. This years beach list would top way over 50 guys names. Ha- totally kidding! There would just be one, but I might have a lot more to write about him since I married him.

Here are my top 12 for 2012:
1) NYC trip with Jenn
2) Extra time with my Dad
3) Family trip to St. Louis
4) Colorado trip with friends
5) Family trip to Florida & Ashlynn's first parasailing
6) New Jersey ETS panel
7) My first camping trip and diamond digging with my kids
8) Ashlynn learning to swim
9) Jaxton's super simple potty training (such a relief after all the medical issues we had with Ashlynn)
10) Getting a new super fabulous principal
11) Owning a Kindle ( I have read more this year than I have the rest of my years combined)
12) Birthday trip to Dallas

Here's to 2013! I can't wait to see what fun is in store!

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Comments

Popular Posts