The Wonders of a Mini Date

I am the luckiest girl on the planet. No seriously. My mom is an absolute rock star. Today we ( my mom , Ashlynn, Jaxton, and I ) had a day from you know where. Poor Ashlynn woke up this morning around 4 a.m. with a tummy ache. Me being the mother of the year,that I always am, told her she would be ok just go back to sleep. How did I ever get up with my infants? I do not do middle of the night wake ups. Talk about grouchy. I think Marshal has figured this out and how bad it can get because now if we do have a middle of the night incident he gets up for me or at least with me. Ha!

Any way 6:30 comes around and it becomes obvious that Ashlynn isn't going to be going to school today. She says her tummy hurts and explains some other details that aren't necessary to talk about. She also keeps running to the bathroom and tells me she is bleeding when she goes. I won't keep going ,but when my mom got here she realized Ashlynn had a lot a lot of blood in her urine.

My mom calls and tries to get her in to see a doctor, any doctor at the Mercy clinic. ( yes my mom normally takes my kids to the doctor for me-I know, spoiled). No such luck on getting in to see a doctor. Off to the convenient care clinic. Why do they call it that anyway? I assure you there wasn't anything "convenient " about sitting in a waiting room for 3 hours waiting to see a doctor. I was so thankful to at least have my mom there to help me entertain kids and keep me logically calm about Ashlynn's condition. Just as a side note: when we did finally get to see a doctor he was the rudest, most inconsiderate jerk I have ever met. Totally uncalled for how he treated us.

The experience altogether just stunk. Ashlynn has a severe bladder infection. We were all just ready to call it a day by the time we left. Yeah right. I, not having any clue it was going to take so much time, left my school babies with my beyond fabulous next door neighbor teacher. She was so great and I appreciate her so much for helping me out! ( Have I ever mentioned that I love love love my coworkers?) My mom set off to what turned out to be an hour and half trip to Walgreens. Ugh! My poor mom!

So how do I repay my mom for her fabulousness? Well, I know I have mentioned my mother of the year award several times before. What you might not know is that I have also been nominated for daughter of the year numerous times. Ha! I decide to ask her if she minded watching the kids for an extra little bit after school so I could go get a hair cut and go on a mini date with my husband. Classic thoughtfulness on my part, right? She of course said yes and even acted like it was a great idea.

Regardless of how much I should have gone and given my mom a break from her stressful day, Marshal and I had a great mini date. We went to Bonefish at 5:30. We dinned with 50 of our closest 65 year old plus friends and we had a great time just relaxing, eating and visiting with one another. I even had cute hair.... Thanks to my favorite hair stylist and great friend Lena.


By 7:00 we were there to pick up our kids and ready to call it a night. Perfect!

It is amazing how much a little mini date can turn a crappy day around. Thank you Mom!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Comments

Popular Posts