Where is My Modesty?

It's like this, the other day I had my kindle out and was sitting in the living room reading while the kids were playing. I needed to go to the bathroom. I stood up and carried my kindle as I walked; reading the whole way. All I needed to do was tinkle
( sorry if you require a filter this may not be the blog for you), but being a girl does require you to sit down regardless. I sit down, take care of my business, and read. That's when I realized " hey it's pretty quiet in here". It wouldn't hurt anyone if I sat here for a few minutes. After all Marshal spends 30 minutes in here every time he comes in.( I am sure it never has anything to do with the fact he always needs to go during kids bath times, dish washing time,etc.)

So I sat and I read and just when I thought I had figure out a great little mommy time out spot, Jaxton comes busting in and starts talking to me. It quickly became obvious that he wasn't planning to leave until I did. That's when it hit me. When did having someone watch me in the bathroom become normal? And more importantly, Am I ever going to be able to use the bathroom by myself again? So much for modesty.

Speaking of -Why is it that I used to feel embarrassed and vulnerable in a bikini, yet it became part of life to pull out my boob in the Target parking lot to feed hungry babies? And I can't even begin to tell you how many times one of my two precious ones have opened the bathroom stalls mid panty pull up and always when the bathrooms have at least 100 people in them. Let's also not forget the numerous times Ashlynn pulled up my dress or Jaxton pulled down my tops in the middle of the mall, Walmart, church you name it. Honestly it just makes me laugh! How did I get here? Just another one of those "nobody bothered to mention this as a side effect to motherhood".

Seriously instead of the 100's of books and magazine articles on childhood discipline and sleep patterns that don't ever really work; where are the REAL books on motherhood? You know the ones.The ones that tell you to always wear pretty panties because you just never know when your child might choose to share them with the world.

Just use those Victorias Secret cards wisely girls that's all I have to say.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts