Spring Break 2013: Adventures, A Little Mommy Review, and Really?

Last year Marshal and I decided that we want to start using Spring Break as a little mini vacay with the kids. There are so many places I want my kids to see and experiences I want them to have.

This year we took them to Kansas City. We started the weekend off at Great Wolf Lodge. The kids had a blast! I have actually heard a lot of negative about the lodge and the food there, but honestly our room was very clean, big, and really nice. The food was pretty yummy too. I did think the extra activities at the lodge were a bit on the pricey side, but lucky for me my kids wanted to spend the entire stay in the waterpark.












Story time.












Dance Party.




I know these pictures are terrible, but had to show them being sweet brother and sister. Ashlynn grabbed his hand all on her own and was walking around with him. So cute!

Ashlynn rode every slide in the place and was running 90 to nothing experiencing the whole place.




















Jaxton, well he found his favorite red slide and I spent hours (not exaggerating) sitting there watching him go down the slide over and over and over again. Lucky for me Jaxton had a little friend that shared his passion for this same red slide so his dad and I chatted it up while the boys rode the slide. We did have to have the conversation several times about not cutting in line in front of our friends. He was just so excited every single time he could hardly wait to go down it again.
























If you are considering a trip to Great Wolf Lodge we found one night to be the perfect stay. You have access to the waterpark from 1:00 p.m. on check in day until 9:00 p.m. on check out day. I am sure the resort wouldn't want me sharing that, but I think it was the perfect amount of time there. Also Sunday morning proved to be a great day to be at the waterpark. Lots of folks were checking out so we really didn't have to wait in line for anything and there were lots of open tables so Marshal and I even got to sit and relax a little while the kids played.

Sunday afternoon we left the Lodge around 5:00 and checked in to a hotel closer to downtown. We wanted to be able to take the kids to other fun things in KC and feel like they got to really experience the city.

Kaleidoscope
























The kids loved this place. I thought it was really great too. It is free and the kids get to keep everything they create. The only negative about our experience was it being spring break it was super crowded.

Chips Chocolate Factory




The Crayola Store












Legoland
























Ok I have to preface this by saying my kids loved this place. Ashlynn talked and talked about it. However, I was not impressed and would discourage you from wasting your money. It was $73 to get my family of 4 into the place. Perhaps had it not cost that much I would have been ok with it, but for an hour worth of fun I thought it was a rip off. There were two rides, a play center, and three stations with Legos to play with. Seriously $73, 1 hour= not worth it in my mind.

We also had some yummy food:

T- Rex Cafe
















Arthur Bryant's ( Ashlynn was not a fan, but her daddy was loving it.)








Glacé ice cream




Pretty neat place. The ice cream is made from all natural ingredients and is made fresh. There were 25 flavors to choose from all unique and pretty yummy.

Cheesecake Factory ( For me of course)








Trying to catch snowflakes.

While here we got to watch it snow and snow. I tried to get a picture because the snow flakes were some of the biggest I have ever seen. iPhones and me do not equal fabulous pictures.

It was a really great trip and I loved having the adventures (as Jaxton kept calling them) with my little family.

After we got home our spring break took a bit of a yucky turn. I feel bad for complaining because regardless I love being home with my kids. Spring break is always a tease making me long for summer. Hopefully summer will actually be warm and we won't have to stay inside huddled up from the snow. Tell me I'm not the only one that was depressed with all the spring break snow.

Anyway every year I take my kids to get their pictures made with a live rabbit. I never really do anything with these pictures, but it has just become something we always do. Well this year Bedford's wasn't doing the bunny pictures. That was disappointing enough because it is a $12 sitting fee and you get to keep the proofs. Being one to keep up traditions I found another local photographer that was doing bunny pictures. Well I get the kids up, dressed and to the photography studio. The photographer gets the kids sat up and goes to get the rabbit. He walks out with this cute, gray, floppy eared, long haired bunny. He goes to sit the bunny down and well without going into a lot of details the bunny dies. Yes, you heard me right. Dies right there in front of me and my kids. The photographer starts crying and kind of freaking out. Me well I am sure you can only imagine. As Marshal likes to tell everyone I am a tree hugger. I don't do well with animals dying. It was horrific. I did manage to hold myself together long enough to calm down the photographer and get my kids out of there. I did, however spend the rest of the day in bed with my sensitive little heart broken. Oh and after 8 years of bunny rabbit pictures we have no Easter pictures this year. Really? Who does this stuff even happen to?

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Comments

Popular Posts