Simple Summer

I felt like today was my first official day of summer. Friday was my last day of work, but we traveled over the weekend and Monday. Tuesday I spent cleaning my house and getting caught up on the laundry. Today I just enjoyed life with my kids. I know I am one of those moms that gets so caught up in the household chores that I miss a lot of time with my babies. That makes me feel so guilty and I definitely find it to be a negative to my type A personality.

This summer I want to make sure I take time to enjoy them. My plan is to plan at least one activity every day that is just me spending time having fun with them. Today's plan was strawberry picking( thank you Kristin). However, with a little nudge from the neighbor we also spent the morning at the pool.

I had never been strawberry picking before today. McGarrah farms was so great and the kids had a blast. Ashlynn's favorite part was getting to eat as many berries as she wanted while picking them ( yes you are allowed to do that; it was the first rule the lady shared). Jaxton, well in true boy fashion, loved squishing all of the rotten berries on the ground.











Tonight Marshal got to join in some summer fun. We got the jeep out, took the doors off, and took the kids "off roading" ( nothing like the mudding our high school days held) in the back of the subdivision. Jaxton was in heaven. "Do it again daddy! "








Awe I am loving my simple little summer so much already!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Comments

Popular Posts