Happy Father's Day and It's Been 12 years!

Today is Father's Day and it also happens to be our 12 year anniversary.

I have to start with saying Happy Father's Day. I wouldn't be the person I am today without my dad. Not only do I look like I could be his 28 year younger female twin, but I got a lot of great qualities from him too. Yes, I know you are thinking he is quiet and reserved, you Andrea, well let's just say I got the talking and out going spirit from my mom. Ha! However, my dad is strong and passionate. I know you wouldn't know it to look at him, (and this would embarrass him to know I am sharing) but when that man loves, well you better just hold on because he loves fiercely and would do anything to help you. I also got my stubbornness from him and yes, I view that as a good thing. Stubbornness often stands up for what is right regardless of the cost ( and that cost can sometimes be overwhelming). My dad also instilled in me a great love and trust in God. And how could I end this without mentioning my fabulous golf skills. Those suckers for sure came straight from him. While not quite as stellar, you watch him play, you watch me play, you'll plainly see where I get it. Ha- Love you dad!

I think it is very fitting that my favorite picture of me and my dad just happens to be on my wedding day.




I will admit 12 years ago today when that picture was taken I had absolutely no idea what I was getting myself into. Twenty years old and couldn't stop grinning, but wow did life have some surprises for me ( and I am quite sure there are more to come). I was so in love and was marrying my best friend. Over the last 12 years I have learned more about love than I ever thought possible. I don't even come close to deserving the love Marshal gives me. Lord knows I am not the easiest person to love, but I am so thankful he does. I am also so thankful to say that 12 years later he is still my best friend and each and everyday I fall in love with him more and more. Happy Anniversary Marshal!




We celebrated last night so we could spend today enjoying our sweet babies.
Steak and TWO desserts...... Now that my friends shows you just how much this man truly loves me.












( thanks Amy for letting us pull you away from the pool long enough to get a quick pic. XOXO)

Happy Father's Day to you all and a special Happy 12 year Anniversary to Casey and J.F. You guys are the best couple to share an anniversary with. I miss you every day!

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Comments

Popular Posts