Destin 2013

This was our first year back in Destin after two years of vacations elsewhere. It felt really great to be back to our vacation " home". While I love visiting new places there is also something really great about the familiarity of the known.

This year the weather was a little iffy with rain and storms here and there, but overall it was a nice week and we spent lots of time on the beach just hanging out. I am really hoping that isn't a sign as to how old I am getting. I use to hate just laying around on the beach. I got bored quickly and was ready to do something else. This year I didn't want to do anything other than just lay there literally all day long. Then again when you can buy frozen drink bags and pineapple with Malibu in a can from the local Walmart to take with you to the beach, why wouldn't you love just laying there all day.




(And yes I can't go anywhere without peanut butter. )




The kids loved being at the beach this year too. Jaxton played mostly in the sand and shoreline while Ashlynn became the boogie board queen.
































Ashlynn and I also went parasailing. We got to see several sting rays and a lobster. I loved getting a little mommy daughter time. I also happen to enjoyed the view the hottie 21 year old boat driver provided, well that is until he called me ma'am. ( Ugh thanks for making me feel old.)

We didn't all have a completely fabulous trip. Marshal got a pretty good sunburn. I know I am going to be in so much trouble for sharing this, but seriously who wants to grow old and regret not documenting this stuff.




Ok so I may not be the best person to ask to apply your spray on sunscreen. Ha! Whoops....

Luckily he got a little more sunburned each day so by the end of the week really he just looked hot pink all over. Before you start feeling too sorry for him he has talked me into rubbing him down with lotion every morning and every night for the last week. Seriously, I don't see anyone giving me that kind of star treatment.

Another thing I love about Destin is the restaurants. I mean hello yumminess. Stuffed shrimp wrapped in bacon with hollandaise sauce.




I pretty much at crab every other night, but I didn't take any pictures of it. By Saturday I was literally stuffed full of crab meat. Ha!

Feeding the gators at Fudpuckers.
















And Marshal teaching the kids how to order at the bar.




Harbor Walk fun.












Watching the fireworks at the harbor was absolutely beautiful.




Awe he does love me sometimes.




Baytown Wharf Kids night and The Track.
































Indoor fun during the rainy day.












Feeling blessed for a wonderful week to enjoy my beautiful family!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Comments

Popular Posts