Cake Please

Why is it when I have a rough week the only thing I can think about doing is curling up on the couch with a fork and a cake? Notice I didn't say a piece of cake, I said a cake. As in if you come anywhere near me and my cake I will stab you with my fork. Those of you that know me well (ok that is a lie, those of you that have even met me once, as in the check out lady at Walmart even) know I am simply not joking about this.

I mean I know I am not the only one that feels the way, but seriously this stress addiction to cake is ridiculous. I am aware there are much worse things than needing cake. Like needing wine and cake. Which, unfortunately, I have to admit I have been there too. When it gets that bad though honestly you probably just need to duck and cover. Hey, I never ever claimed to be the most emotionally stable person.

Ok anyways lets get back on track here. I know some of you out there are going to read this and just think ok ok get over you whining, but I honest to goodness have no words to describe the amount of stress that happens in my life every year from the middle of August to the middle of September. If you have never taught kindergarten there really is just no way to understand. I could try to give you some comparisons to help you imagine it- it's like 20 children throwing their own party in one room and you aren't invited to a single one. It's like you wake up one morning and realize you seem to speak some strange foreign language and for some reason no one else understands you. It's like spending 7 hours in the ball pit at Chuck E. Cheese, germs and all. I could keep going, honestly I could, but once again I digress on my whole point: Kindergarten during the first three weeks is physically and emotionally draining.

I want cake. I need cake. WHERE IS THE CAKE!

I looked everywhere in this house. No cake. I even had my kids search the house for cake. Ok that's another lie. My house is organized to the nth degree. Every thing has a home and every thing is in that home.If I had cake I wouldn't have to search for it; I would know exactly where it was.

Apparently my children did pick up on my stress though. They both offered to brush my hair. Awe isn't that the greatest! To me having my hair played with is truly right up there with cake.




I know I look terrible. I am telling you exhaustion!

And the big plus with that option is-I don't have to worry about the morning after talk in the mirror. You know, where I have to explain to myself why I have a fat gut that is preventing me from buttoning my pants. Talk about starting your morning off in a good mood.

Turns out that few minutes with my children was exactly what I needed. They reminded me of why deep down I love this stress. My perfect sweet children. Wow how I love them. And I fall in love with my kindergarten babies with every minute I spend with them. I mean tell me, is there really anything better than a cute kindergartener? Their sweet innocence. Their perfect raw passion for learning, there is nothing more magical. When I take a minute to step back from my own exhaustion, I can see how those connections are already forming and I know that with those connections comes a perfectly, wonderful, organized and successful classroom and the job that I truly love having.

So long cake until we meet again.....September 29th for any of you wondering. No stress needed.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Comments

Popular Posts