July Summarized

Where did the summer go? I can't believe in one week I will be back at work, then again July was just as busy as June so it is no wonder that it is already over.
We started the month off with 4th of July weekend. With it being on Thursday this year it seemed like we celebrated for days. It was a fun time with family, neighborhood friends, and other friends. The kids enjoyed all of the fireworks this year. Thank goodness for that because our neighbors literally shot them off for weeks. I think the most memorable 4th of July event was my little skiing accident. Nothing big, but a month later I am still trying to grow my thumb nail back and I have a cute little scar across my leg. Some day when you're bored and need a good laugh just call me up and I will fill you in on that little story.

The next week we went to VBS at Oakley where my mom works. I was in charge of snacks for the week. I had fun planning each day and making everything. I even had a lady tell me that I should open a restaurant. Ha! My kitchen looked like a war zone that week though. I just couldn't keep up with all the different things I was cooking for church and the meals I needed to make to feed my own family.

Ashlynn had Girl Power camp at Trike Theater. She loved it. We got to come to a parent show at the end of the camp and watch each girl perform. They all did great. I loved that the camp focused on building self confidence.




Of course July also held vacation.








Ashlynn had art camp this month as well. If you haven't checked out Imagine Studios in Rogers you should. This is where Jaxton had his art camp in June too. We loved it. ( The M and A on her soccer ball stands for Maris and Ashlynn-my sweet girl can't wait to go back to school to see her best friend.)




I know this month seems to be all Ashlynn. Jaxton did have swimming lessons. He also figured out how fabulous it is to sleep in until 9:45. My by far favorite Jaxton/ July memory is lots and lots of snuggles. (Yes, this means I was still in bed when he woke up at 9:45. Love love lazy summer mornings!)




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Comments

Popular Posts