Home and Good

This morning Jaxton had surgery to remove his ear tubes and patch the holes in his ears that were left behind. He had the tubes put in right around his 1st birthday and they have worked perfectly until they started pulling out of the canal and ended up getting stuck.

We had to be at the hospital at 6:00 a.m. for admissions and pre-op. Marshal and I woke Jaxton up at 5:30 so that we could get him packed up to go. I figured he would pretty much just stay asleep. We were up half the night with him as it was, with the rain and lightening.

I thought wrong. If you have been around Jaxton more than five minutes you know my sweet boy loves to talk. He was cracking Marshal, GeGe and I up. He had plenty of energy and plenty to talk about.

Here we are in the waiting room. Note my tried face. Jaxton...up and ready to go.


We get checked in and sent to pre op. Happy happy boy!







And then the nurse gives him some Valium. Maybe it is wrong to laugh about such a thing but; well just the other day Marshal was asking if he had an off switch.



He kept saying the bear is sleepy. Ha! Still fighting the fact that me might want to rest.

YouTube Video

They came back to get him. This is where momma's heart got a little said. Makes my heart hurt for these momma's that have babies that have to have long surgeries. I did send a little knitted pocket cross square with him. I had prayed over it the night before. Just made me feel better that he had a little something from me to go with him. And even though I know God was already present, the physical reminder put me at ease.



Yes, I still cried just a bit. Ha like you would expect any different from me.

We were the only ones in the waiting room. Jaxton's surgery was the first one of the morning. I like the big screen that shows what is going on. He was # 1544.


I don't really know how long it all took, but maybe only 20 to 30 minutes. Nothing terrible and then I got to go hold my sleepy handsome boy.


We are now home and the doctor said everything went great. Jaxton is doing great, just enjoying some snuggles and some Disney channel. I am sure soon he will be digging into this yummy little surprise his GeGe left him. Although I have to ask GeGe- the box says two??? Someone somewhere must already have chocolate lips.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Comments

Popular Posts